Friday, February 23, 2024

Baking Bread

 I became part of the "bread making" craze back in
 2020 
when we all knew staying home was safer than going out.
Now when I say "craze", don't get too excited,  I am talking about maybe 4 loaves of bread.

This was the first loaf of bread I'd ever made, 
and coupled with a stick of butter it was insanely delicious.

My Rosemary Focaccia Bread was even better and I thought I was really on to something.
I made it again recently and this is really good.

What you will need...

mixing...

the dough came together nicely.


Covered with a damp towel, the dough doubled in size just as it was suppose to.



I used my finger to make the holes,
topped with olive oil, sea salt and rosemary, I put garlic on top also to add a little extra flavor.


Out of the oven, the aroma was delectable. 


The edges were brown and crisp...

dipped in olive oil, it was delicious.

For those of you interested, you can find the recipe on Pinterest here.

12 comments:

Sandi said...

That looks so good!

Rian said...

Your breads look delicious! I love fresh bread... but don't make it myself. I did once when I had a bread machine (remember that craze?) Now I buy fresh sourdough bread at Wholefoods. It's great and for whatever reason, even though it's not Gluten Free, I can eat it.

BeachGypsy said...

I'm gonna have to stay off your blog----- it makes me so HUNGRY!!! Ha ha, just kidding. The bread sure looks good. I make homemade butter and enjoy doing that. And cornbread

Kay said...

Oh wow! This looks amazing! I wish I weren't diabetic. Sigh...

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Nice bread, Rosemary is a favorite bread. Olive oil and a nice fresh tomato with that bread is perfection.

Latane Barton said...

I haven't made bread in years... the bread that you made... I could almost smell it so I may have to drag out my equipment and try it once again.

Marie Smith said...

I don’t eat gluten but it looks tempting!

Linda said...

Thank you in advance for the recipe! I am going to make a loaf this weekend!!

Conniecrafter said...

I was cheap and bought some of the frozen bread instead, it does look good though, there is nothing like the smell of fresh baked bread :)

Anonymous said...

That looks so good Debbie ... yum!

All the best Jan
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

You are such a good food photographer! (And bread maker.) During that same year and for the same reason I'm sure, Bill became part of the same craze and he made some delicious breads. We both gained our "Covid 15" but it was worth it. (And I wish he had time to try again!)

DeniseinVA said...

That looks delicious and I agree with Sallie, I do love your pretty photos.