Thursday, February 8, 2024

A Little Of This And A Whole Lot Of Nothing!

 I usually write every day...
we have not gone anywhere exciting and I don't really have much to share here on the blog.
I'm sure you are all tired of looking at my sweater, it looks the same, it is just bigger.
I have been knitting almost every night, it is fun to watch it grow and know that one day soon,
I will be able to wear it.
In other exciting news, I forgot to share the next 2 pictures in my last post.


This bench is at the Point Pleasant Inlet, carved in the back of the bench are the words...
"I Believe in You and Me"
It's hard to see, but reading that meant a lot to me.



This little female House Finch continues to come to the office window, 
she shows me her injured eye.
You may remember that she has Avian Conjunctivitis.
An eye infection that affects many song birds but is most often seen in House Finches.
The bacteria affects the conjunctive membrane that surrounds the eye,
causing the tissue to swell and become irritated.
As the infection spreads, the bird can become completely blind.
This little girl actually sits in the cup of the bird feeder.
Come spring, the hubs will wash the feeders for me, so it is not passed on to other birds.



My Orchid is in bloom, I really adore it's soft color.


One of our tenants parked this car at our multi tenants complex.
We do not usually allow cars without plates, but because I like this one so much,
we have not said a word.
It's fun to see it every time we have to go to the property.

And I know when all else fails I can always share pictures of food.
These 3 meals are Home Chef meals and all 3 were very good, the first one was awesome!

Creamy Tuscan Style Chicken with Garlic Butter Orzo

Brussel Sprouts with Brown Butter Risotto

Potato and Butternut Squash Chowder with Cheesy Bread

Home Chef does not sponsor these posts about their meals.
I have been very happy with the food in the past, I have been subscribing for years.
 But these last few weeks 
I have been missing items from my delivery box.
Their customer service is great...
if you call, stating you are missing an item, they credit the entire meal.
This week I was missing 2 items, and I immediately received a full credit,
no questions asked.
I just want to be truthful about my experience.
I have only had 1 or 2 meals that I did not love and I have been with them for years.


And how cute is this jelly donut, from Duncan Donuts.
I am not really a fan of their donuts, the hubs brought this home for me,
and he was so cute when he gave it to me!

oooooh and I am so far behind, I thought I was first...
I hope to visit everyone today!

10 comments:

Marie Smith said...

That bench has a great message. Love it!

Sandi said...

Your dinners look so delicious!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I love that almost secret message on the back of the bench! Like it was there waiting for you to discover because it was made for you (both)! Thanks for sharing.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

How cute is that white plate!! The meals look amazing and a lovely view of the water.

Linda said...

I love visiting you! I will have to go back to previous posts as I have not been at my laptop lately! That donut was so sweet!

DrumMajor said...

That car is interesting: appears to have new tires and very polished hubcaps. Get the story on it! Is the owner going to refinish it from bottom to top? Linda in Kansas

Eleonor said...

What a beautiful view you have sitting on that bench! I bet you feel very lucky to be able to spend an afternoon under the sun facing such splendid scenery. Say hi to your little friend, the house finch. You are lucky to have such pleasant company while working; I wish I could say the same thing for me.

BeachGypsy said...

Awwwwww-- thanks for the compliment Debbie!!--- nope not a new camera---- just a lucky shot!! LOL. yep, like the new hat--- it has really soft white fur.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

The message on the bench is so sweet. And the houses across the bay are really amazing! Poor little birdy going blind. So kind of you to feed it. All the meals look so delicious and so nice that they are so considerate to replace any errors in the orders. Love the heart donut - what a sweet hubs. Hope you have a nice, relaxing weekend. xx K

Lowcarb team member said...

Aww that is a nice message on the bench.

All the best Jan