Saturday, February 10, 2024

Saturday Critters #530

 Yesterday, my knitting girls and I got together at the Coop for an afternoon of knitting.
If you didn't know, the Coop is on the Alpaca Farm where I learned to knit.
We knit, we laughed, ate great food and celebrated Liz's birthday.

Afterward, I took a walk around the farm and photographed the Alpaca.
It was later in the day and many of the animals had settled in to the open barns for the night.
Here are some pictures of the ones that were still out, those that had not settled in for the evening.

Alpacas are slender bodied animals with long legs and necks, small heads and large pointed ears.
They are covered in soft fleece that is warmer than the fiber of other animals.
There are no wild Alpaca, they are highly sociable, gentle and curious.
Alpacas are herd animals and do not like to be alone, they can live for about 20 years. 













Sharing today's images with Eileen at 
Viewing Nature With Eileen 
for Saturday Critters

11 comments:

Latane Barton said...

The aalpacas are just so cute. There used to be some next door to my son and I'd see them when I visited. Alas, an animal of some kind got into the pen and killed most of them. I miss them and I know the owners were heart-broken.

Marie Smith said...

Beautiful animals! Love that wool!

BeachGypsy said...

They are so beautiful and I love their sweet faces!!their fur looks so smooth and well taken care of AND WOW THOSE EYELASHES!!!!!

Aritha V. said...

Thank you for sharing these beautiful creatures. We never see them here, and I find them so adorable to look at. https://momentsfrozentime.blogspot.com/

acorn hollow said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. Those Alpaca's are so sweet
Cathy

J. S. Vila said...

Nice photographs of these lovelys animals inside the farm.

Breathtaking said...

Hello Debbie :=)
I'm glad you had a lovely day with your knitting pals. It was a good opportunity to take these wonderful photos of these gorgeous creatures. They have the most sweet adorable faces and docile nature which is quite irresistible.
All the best
Sonjia

Sandi said...

Oh, sweet babies! I want to hug them all!!!! 🥰❤️🦙🦙🦙

It's probably not a good idea to hug a 400 pound animal, but whatever.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

They are so beautiful! Those eyes!!!

Lowcarb team member said...

I think blogger must have put my comment in spam folder, so I'll try again!

Lovely animals and great photographs.

All the best Jan

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

They are so precious! I would want to stay and watch them all day!