Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Yarn Along

It has been a good/fun, knitting/crocheting week.
I had 2 projects just laying around that needed finishing touches,
I kept looking at them and was not sure what I wanted to do with one...

add fringe or not.
I went with fringe but I think it looks too long or thin, or something.
I will have to confer with Liz.

I adore the colors in this yarn, and the yarn itself was so nice to work with.
I can't wait to wear it!

And the other necessary finish was to sew buttons on this 
Farm Girl Shawl

I could not remember how,
google came to the button rescue, and now both of these are done, done!

I need to finish the Farm Girl Shawl I am currently working on,
but it requires quiet time for the last few rows and around here, I have very little of that.
The hubs is building one more income producing building,
he is on the phone all day long talking with the architect and ordering materials.

I knitted about 10 or so rows on the Irish Hiking Scarf
this is brainless knitting and that's what I need right now!







This is my second crop of lilacs, these are called Little Kim's, they are lighter in color.
These are in bloom right now, they always bloom after my Jose' Lilacs.

Another day in the books, I had a lot more on my "to do" list than I finished!

12 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, your shawls are lovely. I like the yarn colors, fringe and the button. The lilacs are beautiful.
Enjoy your day and the week ahead.

Kim Sharman said...

Beautiful shawls. How wonderful you are getting a second crop of lilacs. They truly have the sweetest fragrance.

Changes in the wind said...

Nothing like finishing projects to put a smile on your face.

Mersad said...

Your work is excellent. The end result is so cozy and heartwarming.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

R's Rue said...

Beautiful. I love it.

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Debbie!
Scarves are beautiful. They look great with fringes.
I love lilacs too. These are wonderful shrubs with a wonderful aroma.
Hugs and greetings from far away Poland.
Lucja

Marie Smith said...

You select such great colours for your work Debbie.

Thank you for the info on the bike. We are looking at two folding bikes we can put in the car and take to various sections of the Confederation Trail on the island. We also had to check out the provincial regulations since the ebike is considered a moped and may require a license. Of course government has to get involved! Anyway, I’ll let you know what we come up with.

LeAnn said...

Wow, Debbie, Your Shawls are beautiful and I love the colors. You are so good at making these. I loved the Scarf too. I really do need to start something that is mindless. I enjoyed all the photos of the Lilacs. Is there one Lilac tree that has more fragrance over another kind. This year the Lilac tree we have isn't as fragrant as I remember it being.
Blessings and hugs!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your knitting projects look lovely.

Debbie said...

thanks kim, i always cut some lilacs to bring indoors but once cut, they don't last long!!

Himawan Sant said...

Your color and knitting patterns are beautiful. I also like knitting crafts but I am not good at making them.
Keep working.
Regards from Indonesia.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your shawls look great and I do like the colours.

That lilac looks amazing …

All the best Jan