Monday, May 4, 2020

It Soothes My Soul...

Being outdoors, riding my bike, seeing the ocean...
these are things that soothe my soul, things that bring me calm and inner peace.

Our parks and some beaches have opened up here in New Jersey,
we have regained a little freedom and it feels good to be out exploring nature again.

We found these swans in Belmar...



She sits on the nest with a peaceful heart...





knowing he will watch over her...




They are so far away, 
I am eternally grateful for my camera lens that allows me to see 
and photograph these special moments.


Mr. went for a brief swim and then returned to their little island.


There were a lot of beautiful mallards in the water as well!

We had an awesome weekend, filled with lots of great memories and pictures.
I have so much to share this week, I can't wait to tell you all about it!

14 comments:

Natalia said...

Beautiful pictures, I would love to leave near the beach☺

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,

Being outdoors and seeing these beautiful swans is good for the soul. At least I think so, I am a nature lover. Your swan photos are gorgeous.. Take care! Enjoy your day, have a happy new week ahead.

Lowcarb team member said...

What a joy to see your photographs.
Wishing you a good week ahead.

All the best Jan

Ella said...

There are also a few nesting swans at the castle here in town. I am a bit afraid to walk past it because "the future fathers" are a bit of an aggressive!
Have a nice new week!

R's Rue said...

Peaceful.

Marie Smith said...

What a great excursion! Can’t wait to see the rest!

Farm Girl said...

Oh I am so glad you are opened up a bit. That is great news. Hopefully we will be all opened all up soon. Or not, California is in rebellion, :) Have a wonderful day.

Linda said...

Your photographs are so amazing!! What a blessing you are to share them with us!

DeniseinVA said...

Your photos are great, they make me want to get in the car right now :) The swans are a sight to behold and the little duck also.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Getting out and watching nature is so very therapeutic .

Conniecrafter said...

So good to hear you had such a wonderful weekend. Yes that is a good lens to get those great shots, they probably don't even know you are there :)
We got out today too and actually walked in a park, it wasn't very crowded when we came only had two people pass us, one guy on a bike and another that walked faster than I could, but let's be real, most people walk faster than I do, LOL! It was good to walk somewhere more than around our neighborhood that's for sure, look forward to hearing more :)

Ida said...

The swans are gorgeous. Here we only have swans in our park aviary. I've never seen one in the wild before.

LeAnn said...

You do live in such a beautiful area. I am happy that you can get out and about. It is tiring staying in. The Swans are beautiful and the photo of the Mallard is stunning. I love that you can get photos of the scenery around you.
Sending hugs your way!

Brian King said...

Always love your swan photos! Glad you were able to get out!