Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Waiting For Summer

It was time to make my Summer Bucket List.

It doesn't look anything like previous lists for summer.
It's short...I tried to stick with things I thought we might be able to do.
So many events that are usually on this list have already been cancelled,
listed are things I "think" we may be able to enjoy.

We are opening the pool on June 3rd, I am pretty excited about that.
I know we will be able to enjoy this.
Here is a picture from last year, we had so much fun playing corn hole in the pool!
The hubs was usually the winner, but don't tell him I said that.

I have been reading my journal/book and I have enjoyed so many elements about it.

I have been able to find many beautiful moments to record on the little cards they provide.
I keep them in my beautiful moments jar.
This is something I will keep up with, even when I run out of the cards from the book.

There are small post cards included in the book.
 If you would like me to send you one,
send your address to my email, stangs6@hotmail.com, and I will mail you one via snail mail.
I have 16, they are really small, I hope they don't get crumpled in the system.


I scrubbed the inside of the washing machine, I could not believe how dirty it was inside.
The center agitator, all around the rim, just above "right here" inside the plastic and out,
a lot of dirt accumulates there.
Then I ran the machine with a cleaning tablet I had purchased.


What a difference that made, it sparkles like when it was brand new.


My garden is doing really well.



The hubs or I water all the plants, every other day as we are still experiencing cooler temperatures.
We, the hubs, still needs to plant the Vinca plants around the mailbox and up by the front door.
This week for sure, I will take pictures while he is planting.


The butterflies emerge slowly, and are often happy just to hang out on my hand.

Eventually, they fly off and it continues to be an emotional send off!
Up, up and away, this is number 7!

With so many hobbies, it is easy to keep busy and happy!

18 comments:

Changes in the wind said...

Your pool is beautiful:) I can see how you would love that book, it is so you.

Ella said...

I love your pool!
You are sweet and you smell good! The butterflies come to you ...

Karen said...

My bucket list is to make it through summer! It'a already 87 degrees here. I think I woiuld spend most of my time in that gorgeous pool!

Conniecrafter said...

I sure hope you are able to do most of that list, they have opened the drive in here and people can only park every other slot to keep away, but the movies haven't been anything we are interested in yet.
Love your crocheted bookmark, that is so pretty, that is great you are getting so much out of that book.
It must be mix feelings with the butterflies but just think of all that you are sending out there that is bringing happiness to others that see them!

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Your pool is very beautiful. I like your bookmark. She is beautiful.
Debbie, you are the undisputed queen of butterflies !!!
Hugs and greetings from spring but cold Poland:)

Marie Smith said...

I’ve never thought to clean the washing machine.

I mentioned my husband and I were checking into ebikes. We want to ride the trails and with out health issues, those bikes would be perfect. However, the bikes are considered mopeds here and require registration and insurance. No motorized vehicles can ride the trails. So, we aren’t getting ebikes. It was a disappointing discovery.

Hena Tayeb said...

I'm going to have to steal some of those bucket list ideas.. I have no idea what we are going to do all summer.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your garden looks wonderful.

Lowcarb team member said...

Well done on your bucket list …
Yes, things are certainly different this year. Eddie and I were only saying there are places we would like to go to but at the moment can't! We will just have to concentrate on what we can do in these Covid 19 days.

Stay safe.

All the best Jan

Linda said...

Love everything about this post! I already sent you my request and address!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

You are having no trouble keeping busy and happy and productive in the time of the Corona Virus. And it looks like summer will be no different! I can’t wait to hear about breakfast on the Ferris Wheel.

The Liberty Belle said...

Glad your garden is doing well and that you enjoyed your butterfly visitors. I must say I feel rather guilty because I know my washing machine could do with a good cleaning too. I'm determined to get to it this weekend. By the way, nice journal!

Angie said...

Debbie - I am so impressed that you compiled a summer list - I would be afraid to do that for fear of disappointment … I am still pretty much in a day at a time frame of mind. That journal looks fabulous! We have a front-loading washer, and after a year or so, I noticed that the rubber ring that meets up with the door was getting pretty grungy at the bottom. I found some Google advice on cleaning it, which worked like a charm. But I have also found since then that if I leave the door slightly ajar for 30 minutes after a wash, it dries out and there is no gunk! Your butterfly babies are gorgeous!

BeachGypsy said...

Hi there Debbie, I love your summer list........can I come hang out with you!!?? lOL Oh my gosh, I know about the dirty washer....it doesn't even LOOK DIRTY....then when you actually go to scrubbing and actually LOOKING----there's all the dirt!! ha ha LOL. I try to keep ours done, but somehow it always ends up at the bottom of the priorities, ha ha. LOVE THE PICTURES of your pool oh my gosh----it's so pretty Debbie, you are so blessed to have that. Y'all have a lovely home and yard and pool. If i had that pool, believe me-----there would BE NO scrubbing washers or ANY homemaking chores, ha ha ha LOL!!---I would be IN THAT POOL all day every day. Ha Ha. It's so pretty, y'all did something to it last year if I remember correctly? A new finish or bottom or something? Your gardens are looking great. Where is the pretty bright yellow planter tho? I love that one.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, your pool looks wonderful. You have a nice start on all your deck plants. Love the beautiful flowers and butterfly. The bookmark is pretty. We are taking each day as is comes, no plans made yet. Take care and have a great day!

Brian King said...

Even with the cancellations that's a pretty good list! Hopefully, you can do most or all of those. The garden does look nice! Ours is hit and miss - some things are doing well, others not so much. Love the butterflies!

Sally said...

Hey Chuck! I hear you're the winner at corn hole in the pool. Can't say who told me that, though. :)

Debbie, so much beauty surrounds y'all. You're a busy bee, and I love that about you!

xoxo

LeAnn said...

I do like your bucket list. It is smaller for sure, but I love how you have these goals for activities. I liked the Drive -in Movie; that's a possibility for us. Of course, you pool party with knitting friends, was awesome last year, I loved reading about it.
Your pool is so beautiful.
Your Journal/book is awesome. I love how you can record and then put them in your memory jar; what a great idea. What a great way to record what you do. I would love a post card. Here is my address:
11422 South Charter Pointe rd. South Jordan, Utah 84095
I have a tablet, for cleaning my washer and haven't tried it yet. I am looking forward to it working good like yours did.
Your garden looks awesome! We are planting one and I will post some photos. My husband has been working hard on it all and I'm getting ready to do my flower planting, maybe tomorrow.
Sending loving thoughts and hugs!