Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Yarn Along & The Flyover


Can you believe I am still working on my 
Farm Girl Cowl
News update: as I worked on the cowl, I was not paying attention to how big it was getting.
By the time I decided to check the pattern, it was too far gone to make it a cowl...
so now it's a Farm Girl Shawl that is almost done.
It pays to pay attention, I have made both and I just did not pay attention!

Yesterday, we went to the inlet in Point Pleasant to see the 
New Jersey Salutes Flyover


3 F-16 Fighting Falcons
The 177th fighter wing of the State Air National guard.
Flying over New Jersey to honor the front line workers.


The Coast Guard boat went out and we knew they would be flying over soon...


next we saw this plane that said U.S. Air Force, the jets came right behind it.


It was such a special moment...the jets flew over so fast and they were so loud.
I thought it would last longer but it was a goosebumps moment for sure,
as I stood and thought about the meaning of the flyover!
Getting a picture was almost impossible, this was the best I could get.

I am back to organizing the pictures on my computer...
what a job, it is so overwhelming.
The only part I love, is reliving all those special memories, especially right now!

9 comments:

Changes in the wind said...

Great photos, we didn't get to see them when they were here but heard them:)

Lowcarb team member said...

Pleased you were able to take (and share) some photographs … a very special moment.

All the best Jan

Ruth Hiebert said...

That would be a special moment for sure.

Marie Smith said...

The Canadian Snowbirds flew across Canada for the same reason. It was special to see them here.

Angie said...

Debbie - what a unique tribute to the front-line workers!!! Glad you got to be there.

Organizing photos takes a long time, doesn't it? So easy to get distracted!

BeachGypsy said...

Love these pictures.....I can almost hear their big THUNDER! Seeing the fighters is always a thrill and to see them and the purpose of the fly over had to have been even better. Loved the previous post too....Oh my gosh girlfriend---those EGGS LOOK GOOD! I am loving your "bluebird of happiness"!!---she/he? is so so so pretty! With a shade of blue THAT GORGEOUS, I wouldn't have waited on the purple either, even tho I love purple. That bike sure does alot of neat things!! You're gonna BE ALL OVER on that thing I bet! Have fun and please always take your camera so you can show us your adventures ok?

Sally said...

I love the colors in the cowl. So pretty.

Well, you at least were able to get a pic of the flyover! We had a flyover of the Blue Angels here the other day; not only did I not see them, I didn't even hear them. :)

xoxo

LeAnn said...

I think that the Shawl will be beautiful. I do love the colors. I remember doing similar things when crocheting a blanket one time, it got a way from me.
Loved the photos for the flyover. I was sad we missed ours and we were ready with a camera. It went over on the other side of our home in a different direction than I thought. I too love the reason. The nurse stories can be beautiful and at times sad as they fight this Covid 19. I do relate to them as I am sure you do. Blessings and hugs!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh bummer you messed up but it will make a pretty shawl too :)
I just love the fly overs, that was the best part about being in the air force is listening to the planes fly over head. Although when they were taking my hubby away that was hard. I get goosebumps too when they fly over.