Saturday, May 30, 2020

Saturday Critters ~ 337 ~

With the warm weather, we are seeing an increase in the number of butterflies emerging.
I released 4 yesterday and they all took off quickly, doing what they were born to do,
FLY!!

I did not get any pictures yesterday, these are from other releases we had this week.
They are all Black Swallowtails, the females have more blue and are prettier than the males.




I must say, I do enjoy a few minutes alone with each one,
but I don't always get that.
Either way, 
watching them fly off is electrifying.
Knowing you were a big part in feeding them, 
taking care of them and keeping them safe over the winter.
We started with 52 at the beginning of the winter, 18 have emerged and been released so far!

We continue to see a lot of deer in Allaire State Park on our daily bike rides.
This one was only about 20 feet from us.
The hubs and I have a little contest when we start riding,
"who will see the first deer"
I have been spotting all of them first, so I am winning!
If you follow my blog, you know I love to win.

Sharing today's images with Eileen at Viewing Nature With Eileen

17 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Debbie
You are the butterfly whisperer. They are so pretty, looking just lovely on your flowers. Cute shot of the deer! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend! PS, thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What you are doing is just amazing and I know you love it! All the work but what a reward! They are beautiful of course and you get some pretty pics with the blooming flowers! How neat to see the deer! Something fun to look forward to each day! Hugs!

Karen said...

They are so gorgeous Debbie!

Marie Smith said...

I enjoy the butterfly sagas Debbie. Hope the all make it!

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Debbie!
Your butterflies are amazing .. I am delighted with them.
The deer are wonderful. Your photos are always perfect.
Greetings from cold, spring Poland:)

Kim said...

Your beautiful photos of your butterflies resting on those pretty pansies, are electrifying, Debbie.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i love pansies ... they are just so so happy. hope u r well this week. i love all winged things .. with this home time lately .. i have been so happy to just sit and stare ... enjoying their chirps and curious moments. so fun. take care. ( ;

RedPat said...

That is amazing that you keep them over the winter! They are so beautiful!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those butterflies are so pretty and to me, all butterflies look gentle.

Anu said...

Hello. So beautiful butterflies. You're doing a great work with butterflies.
Have a nice Sunday.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

The butterflies Debbie are MAGNIFICENT and I also love the dear. Thanks for all your comments, stay safe and have a great week ahead.

Conniecrafter said...

Wow 52, you have a ways to go, they are so pretty, so neat to have one on your finger :)
I get so excited when I see a deer, oh what am I saying, I get excited when I spot anything, LOL!
I usually catch more things than Greg because I am always looking while he takes pictures, he takes two to three time more pictures than I take when we are out.

Susie said...

Debbie, Oh I love seeing the butterflies you are raising. So pretty. I have not seen any around our area yet. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

Lowcarb team member said...

Beautiful butterflies, and I love the deer too.

All the best Jan

LeAnn said...

I do love your bike rides and all that you see. I enjoy the deer photos and your competitive nature.
Most of all, I do love how you care for the butterflies and all you do to keep them safe and I know you love to see them fly away but at the same time it touches your heart.
You are awesome!
Big hugs~

Adam Jones said...

Truly stunning butterflies and captures.

Brian King said...

The butterflies are gorgeous! You're doing very well this year. It's nice that you see deer so often...we live in the country and rarely see them. LOL!