Monday, May 11, 2020

My Bluebird Of Happiness

I got a new bike, an electric bike and I named it the Bluebird of Happiness.
I did not really have a choice on color, 
this blue bike was the only bike available right away, and I needed a new bike right away.
~ it is a Pedego ~

It has so many wonderful features. I can pedal, as if it is a regular bike.
I can use "pedal assist", 1 - 4, for assistance when I am pedaling, this feature is amazing.
Or, I can use full motor assistance, no pedaling at all.
I like the pedal assistance feature, it just makes pedaling a little or a lot easier.

We often ride on the Allaire State Park Bike Trail, the same leg,
The Capital to the Coast
now we will be able to ride on so many different extensions of this bike path.


The hubs spotted this turtle, we stopped for pictures, it looks ancient. 


I rode 4.2 miles my first time out, it was a great ride.
The pedal assistance feature is all the way on the left, the little + and -
easy to control while riding.
Whatever number assistance you have chosen is displayed next to it in the window.

We branched off onto this part of the bike path our 2nd time out,
and saw some nice new scenery.

This bike is going to change my life and I am so excited!!

22 comments:

Karen said...

That's a great bike Debbie! I am sure you will have many adventures with it.

Judy said...

What a beautiful piece of machinery! I love the color.
You are going to have so much fun!!!

Sally said...

Now, that bike is PERFECT; I'm happy for you!

(I have a feeling you'd prefer it be purple, though) :)

xoxo

The Padre said...

My Kind Of Post - Such Wonderful News - A Really Sweet Bike There My Dear - Free Your Mind And Your Bike Will Follow

Cheers

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

WOW!
Debbie, your bike is beautiful, I like the color too.
Hugs and greetings:)

Debbie said...

YeS!!! but it does not come in purple and the blue was there in the store and ready to ride. that was more important!!!

Marie Smith said...

It sounds perfect!

Marie Smith said...

That second photo is my favourite! So inviting! Spring revealing itself.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
What a great new bike, it sounds wonderful. I like the blue color too. Neat shot of the Snapping Turtle. Looks like a nice trail for biking. Enjoy your day, wishing you a great new week!

Kim said...

I can see the excitement and happiness in your smiling face! Love your new bike and I think the colour blue is just perfect. Just think of all the lovely trails and adventures you can now experience.....and all the amazing photos you will capture. Why you can pop a picnic lunch in that sweet basket.....such fun!

TexWisGirl said...

Yay for you! My sis and her husband got some last year. She said it really helped with her knee pain. A perfect addition to the Chuck and Debbie adventure arsenal!

Ruth Hiebert said...

The bike looks great and it sounds like it will be a perfect match for you.

The Furry Gnome said...

I had a bike like that, with the same pedal assist. It was like magic! Hope you enjoy it!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

So happy for you! That bike is great idea ... perfect for you.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

That will take you many more places than you could walk now Debbie Great addition. Stay safe and have a good week.

♥ Liz ♥ said...

What a great bike. I love the colour. You're so lucky to have all those great places to explore.

Brian King said...

Congratulations! That's an awesome bike! You should be able to do lots of extra cruising! Love the turtle, though he doesn't look real happy.

Changes in the wind said...

What a wonderful idea and am so happy for you.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your new bike looks and sounds fantastic, you are going to have a lot of fun and adventures using it.
Happy cycling :)

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

PS Also meant to say I like the turtle photographs … wonder how old it is!?

All the best Jan

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow that is neat, I hadn't heard of electric bike, that is neat depending on how you need it you can set the help you can get, sounds like it will be perfect for you. Wow that turtle does look like he has been around for awhile, so nice you were able to stop and get a pic!

LeAnn said...

Wow, Debbie that is so awesome to get an electric bike. I have heard they are the best. I love that it will make it so you can do more riding and other bike trails. That is perfect. I like the turtle and it does look old. I enjoyed all the photos. I liked the name of your bike; "Bluebird of Happiness". I think it fits you perfectly.
Sending loving thoughts your way!