Monday, July 8, 2019

Riding Apollo & Kelso

The stables at The Mohonk Mountain House were pristine. 


"Caution - I May Bite"


I did heed the warning!


The hubs rode Kelso

I rode Apollo


When our horses were released from the barn, 
they head straight to the "loading dock".
Once we were on, they gallop straight to the hay,
it seems they know the routine, and that they can feed as soon as we are on.
Apollo had quite a bit of pep in his step.
Once they eat, 
they head straight to the "watering hole" for a drink, then they line up!


The ride was amazing.
The path was shaded with beautiful trees and there was Laurel in bloom everywhere.
No cameras, no phones were allowed and although the scenery was breathtaking,
and I would have enjoyed pictures,
I understand the safety concerns of "distracted horseback riding"!

After the ride, we had an outdoor picnic that the hotel provides and is included with your stay.
You just have to make a reservation.

I think today was perfect!

18 comments:

Susie said...

Debbie, That looks like a fun time. I love the shady place to picnic. You and your hubby look so cute and happy in your photos. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

R's Rue said...

So cute.

Marie Smith said...

What a lovely experience. Love the picnic part!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the horse back ride is a fun time. I would need a calm and well behaved horse. The picnic lunch sounds yummy. Cute photos. Enjoy your day and I wish you a happy new week!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Did you ever get your mounts away from the hay? haha

Changes in the wind said...

Now that is a great day!!

Sally said...

Oh, you guys! How fun, and wonderful to see you both with those big ol smiles!

xoxo

Hena Tayeb said...

That look like a wonderful time. Wonderful smiling pictures.

http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

Sue (this n that) said...

You both had fun for sure.
It gets a bit real once you're up in that saddle doesn't it!! Well done and I loved the picnic afterwards

Ruth Hiebert said...

Looks like a beautiful day and a great way to spend it.

The Furry Gnome said...

I can't believe it! You look perfectly comfortable on that horse.

Pam said...

Love horses....wished my girl was rideable but she is old and stubborn. Me and my body will not be the one to get on her and try it...haha

italiafinlandia said...

Must have been a funny experience!

BeachGypsy said...

Debbie that sure looks like FUN!! The picnic looks great too. I love how the horses know exactly what to do and where to go...that is so neat!

Brian King said...

That would be fun! Good looking horses! I'm glad to see they provide helmets. The picnic is a very nice touch!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh how fun, I have never rode a horse before, my hubby and daughter did at Mackinac Island and their horses seem to know the drill and what to do and were not really wanting to do anything other than what they are use to. That is neat they even put a picnic together, that is a neat touch!

LeAnn said...

This looked like one of the perfect adventures ever. I loved seeing you on horses. I can just imagine how lovely the ride was. I think the picnic was just the best of endings to this moment.
Blessings and hugs!

Karen Lakis said...

I’ve always loved horses and for a short time was learning to ride. This looks like so much fun - and yes, no distracted riding! I’m glad you had such a nice ride!