Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Yarn Along


I started this knit early last week.
I have ripped it out at least 10 times - ripped out - as in starting over.
You see, or may know, 
when you knit "lace work" it is difficult to take out just one row,
for me, it is impossible.
So...once I made a mistake, I had to start back at the beginning.
In lace work, 
you can't leave a mistake as it is very noticeable.
In all fairness to me, I have knitted 2 of these and I am very familiar with the pattern.
I am sure it was the thin yarn that I am working with.
At times, one stitch lays on top of another, making it look like one stitch instead of two.
I finally got through the intense lace work and I am on to the next part, the easy part!
The first time I knitted this in purple, for myself, I finished the entire piece in two days.
Talk about discouraging but I don't give up easily!

A close up of the lace work.


It looks like this when it is done.
It is lightweight, nice for people who live in warmer climates, but still enjoy a little something.
This will be going down to Texas, a Christmas present for my son's girlfriend!
Her favorite color is orange!

15 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Debbie! You can do it, I can tell you are not one to give up. The finished scarf is beautiful. Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That really is the most beautiful design! I know you'll make it and it will be perfect! Sweet hugs coming your way!

Marie Smith said...

Such a beautiful gift! You are not a quitter, Debbie!

Sally said...

Gorgeous work, Debbie. I was ready to say why it isn't PURPLE, but then you straightened me out. :)

Your son's girlfriend will love it!

xoxo

Louca por porcelana said...

How beautiful!Hugs!

Lowcarb team member said...

Your son's girlfriend is going to love this.

All the best Jan

Farm Girl said...

I think its beautiful.Megan loves lacework and is so happy doing it. I don't know if I could do it.
I love the color. You do such nice work Debbie.

Michelle said...

This looks lovely.

MarmePurl said...

Love the color. Beautiful work by your hand as always.

When I first started with lace, I found using a ‘life line’ to be really helpful. I am sure there are plenty of videos out there on that. I still incorporate a knitting life line into my work now and then when trying something new or a very complicated pattern. Beats starting completely over when on row 197!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow I give you a lot of credit, I don't know that I could rip it out 10 times or more and not give up. I know when I was in my crafting group and we I would have problems with my crochet and would have to take it out and start over my girlfriend would cringe and say you can just fudge that to fix it but not me I had to do it right, but crochet is much easier to take out then knitting. She is going to love this!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

It will be very beautiful when it is finsihed Debbie

Changes in the wind said...

SOOOOOO pretty. What a lovely gift.

Lady Fi said...

What a pretty gift! ANd the food looks good too.

Sue (this n that) said...

You're to be so commended for your patience Debbie! It's gorgeous and your son's girlfriend would feel so special with you having made this for her. A loving gift :D)

LeAnn said...

Oh my sweet friend this is lovely and what a beautiful handmade gift to give to someone special. The orange color is lovely. You do such fantastic work.
Blessings and hugs for this one!