Sunday, December 9, 2018

One For The Books

This year the music room at 
Longwood Gardens, 
transforms the way we look at trees and books.
It's here where creative paper and book embellishments were transposed into stunning 
Christmas decorations.

Music - Book Room


Books dangling in the fireplace, 
book pages transformed into beautiful poinsettia's on the mantel.

Paper poinsettia's on the top of the bookshelf! 


A Christmas Tree created with books.


Longwood, each letter created with a book!

Ho, Ho, Ho...Holiday...Jingle Bells, each created with a book.

Winter

Snowflake

Snowflake...both created with a single book.

Butterfly...I Live In The Garden, I Just Sleep In The House

Butterfly

Poinsettia Flowers

Wreath of Paper

This intricate paper work and book art is created by local artists 
Dannielle and Lee Vincent.
Dannielle has handmade dozens upon dozens of folded book art, book sculptures, 
framed book art and paper ornaments for the Music Room!
An entirely self taught artist, 
Danielle learned her craft watching on-line tutorials.
She watched videos for about a month before she tried her hand at her first piece,
which was a simple heart...
over the years, her designs have become quite elaborate.
Each piece handmade, Dannielle dexterously folds each page according to exact measurements.
What's stunning about her work, is the precision and patience that goes into every piece!

I hope my pictures do it justice, it is extradorinaiy, to say the least.
I think this room was my favorite this year!

21 comments:

Andy said...

I am impressed with you technique of photographing in low light. Everything turns out perfect.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie, the book art is amazing. What a neat craft. I like the poinsettia and the book tree too. Your photos are great. Enjoy your day, have a great new week ahead.

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

A Árvore de Natal em livros está espectacular, aproveito para desejar um bom Domingo.

Andarilhar
Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
Livros-Autografados

David M. Gascoigne, said...

There is certainly a good deal of creative flair at work here.

Karen Lakis said...

Oh my goodness - music and books - 2 of my most favorite things. I'm always a bit amazed by the creative ideas that people come up with. I love the garland made from book pages, and the tree made with stacks of books! Oh yeah - and the butterfly is amazing!

Changes in the wind said...

Stunning, what more could one say. The books carved into art are amazing...love, love, love them and such creativity with the paper poinsettia's from old books. What a special treat to be able to go there.

Sandi said...

WOW!!

Lea said...

Fantastic! Though the individual art pieces are amazing, it is the Christmas Tree made from stacked books that is my favorite.
Thanks for your help with positive ID of the Lesser Scaup.
Have a wonderful day!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

What sacrilege!!!!!!!!

21 Wits said...

Oh my goodness, what a joyful, fun spirited read this is to behold. One for the love of books in so many ways! Thank you for bringing us here.

Sally said...

Goodness gracious, how absolutely stunning! Just beautiful in every way, Debbie. :)

xoxo

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

WOW
The Christmas tree from the books is fantastic. All things are stunning, amazing.
Debbie, your photos are great.
Kisses and greetings.
Lucja

Sue (this n that) said...

Well I'm staggered at such amazing book art and I really appreciate seeing this Debbie, thank you. The artists are brilliant.
As an earlier commenter mentioned, you have a particular skill at capturing these considering the lighting :D)

LeAnn said...

I’m sure this would be my favorite Christmas room too. Mainly, because i love books and am always reading something. What an extraordinary artist; it’s all amazing. I can’t imagine how one would make this kind of lovely art. I was drawn to the tree with all the books. I’m sure I could spend a long time enjoying looking at the details of all of this one. Thanks for sharing this very unique room.
Loving thoughts and hugs for you!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That is a special gift. I think it is gorgeous.A friend of mine does some of this as well, but ai don't have a clue how to do this.

Brian King said...

What a beautiful tree! The snowflake books are fantastic! I've never seen that done before.

R's Rue said...

Love

Leanne Coppola said...

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Wow that is just so amazing!! I can't imagine the thought and time that goes into these, such wonderful works of art! You did a terrific job of capturing them, I imagine they are even more impressive in person, thanks for sharing with us!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh man I was so excited about the book art that I forgot to say how beautiful the lit up tree looks and that tree made of stacked books is very cool too :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Isn't the book art amazing - loved all of your photographs.

All the best Jan