Monday, December 17, 2018

ICE

We snuck away for a few days...
Our annual Christmas trip to Washington, D.C., to see the ICE display at
Gaylord National
The theme this year was Charlie Brown and the display was adorable! 
Here are a few of the details about ICE...
- ICE is a holiday walk thru attraction, kept at a chilly 9 degrees -
- The blue parkas are on loan to you while you walk thru the display -
- There are two million pounds of colorful ice sculptures -
- The ice is hand carved by 40 artists from China and Harbin -
- There are 4, 2 story slides within the attraction -
- At the end, there is a full, stunning nativity in crystal clear ice -

Now, did I hear you say you would like to see pictures...
- I just so happen to have a few -





























This is about half of the pictures - I will share the rest on Wednesday!

16 comments:

Judy said...

Oh my! I never, ever heard about this place.

Stephanie said...

WOW! This is truly amazing, my friend! What an incredible work of art :) Thanks for sharing.

Hugs to you!

Linda said...

I have no idea how you take such great pics!!! Love it all!!!!!

LeAnn said...

This is one of my favorite places that you visit. I find these ice sculptures incredible. I just can’t imagine how they even begin to do these. You look adorble in your blue parka.
Blessings and hug for this one!

WE said...

Lovely, eye catching pictures. Thanks for posting...

Kim said...

Wow, those ice sculptures are breathtaking. Love the Charlie Brown theme. As ever the photos are sublime!

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Lindas estas fotografias dos bonecos no gelo, aproveito para desejar um Santo e Feliz Natal.

Andarilhar
Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
O prazer dos livros

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love Charlie Brown characters, they are adorable. Great series of photos. Enjoy your day!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Changes in the wind said...

The awesome thing is that is does not look like ice! Thanks for the great pictures....

Conniecrafter said...

These always just amaze me and so neat you are able to see them up close. My sister would love this she is a big Peanuts fan!

Sally said...

How beautiful, Debbie. Many smiles from me on these.

You're amazing with that camera! :)

xoxo

Brian King said...

That is just fantastic! I love the Peanuts!

Lowcarb team member said...

Just lovely.
I enjoyed seeing your photographs.

All the best Jan

Karen Lakis said...

Wow - that is ice!?!?!? I just love Charlie Brown's Christmas - I think I enjoy it more, now, than I did as a kid. It happened to come on the other night as I was wrapping presents. And since I'm not fond of wrapping presents, it really helped keep me in the spirit. I still can't get over that these are ice!

Sandi said...

Oh, wow!