Sunday, December 23, 2018

Paper Whites

The Paper White Bulbs I purchased at Longwood Gardens are blooming right now.

Only 6 bulbs, all healthy, all bloomed beautifully.

Here they are in the bright sunlight, I enjoy the scent and the shimmer of the pedals!


Without the sun, they are a pure white...


My new Basil is doing well...

I "may" have added a few too many seeds.


My Cyclamen Plant has one bud and one bloom!


My Orchard still has 6 blooms on it and is looking mighty fine!

I have been baking Christmas Cookies and the house in beginning to "smell" a lot like Christmas!

15 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

All the blooms are beautiful and growing basil to have all winter is a great idea.

Sandi said...

Beautiful!

Merry Christmas!!

Maria Rodrigues said...

Wonderful flowers.
Merry Christmas to you and to your family!
May 2019 will be full of joy, health and love, for you and you loved ones.
Best wishes
Maria de
Divagar Sobre Tudo um Pouco

Ela said...

Your flowers are so beautiful !!
Merry Christmas !!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, love the pretty paper whites. Growing basil in the winter is a great idea. Lovely images. Enjoy your day!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

purdy ♥

Kim said...

Not only is your home beginning to smell a lot like Christmas, Debbie, but it is blooming beautifully.

Louca por porcelana said...

Stunning flowers!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love the Paperwhites. I must ry growing them again .

Angie said...

Debbie - how delightful to see flowers and green in winter! It has been a pleasure to read your posts this year. I hope you have a Merry Christmas and look forward to more great things in 2019.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Beautiful ...you have an amazing green thumb. I can almost smell those cookies baking!

Changes in the wind said...

Paper whites smell fantastic!! Great job on all your pretty plants, you have found their happy place.

Lowcarb team member said...

Wonderful blooms are beautiful basil!

All the best Jan

LeAnn said...

I do love the smell of Christmas goodies. Now the trick is not to enjoy them too much. Your flowers are lovely. The Paper whites are so beautiful. I love your green thumb.
Blessings and hugs for you!

Brian King said...

Beautiful! You have the knack for getting things to grow!