Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Yarn Along....


My needles have been click, click, clicking away on the newest 
Chevron Baby Blanket
These are the colors Leanne and I selected for the first blanket I made
and I really like this color combination.
The Chevron Baby Blanket pattern is free on Ravelry, 
I am knitting with Berroco Vintage Yarn, which is a joy to work with.


Here is a close up of the stitch work...


and inside the little tin in the picture, that holds all of my special stitch markers.
Many of these are hand made, from my knitting friend Robin.

And you will never believe what the mailman brought me last week, YARN!!!
"Let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start"
(do you recognize that?)
A while back I commented on one of my favorite yarn/knitting blogs
This Knitted Life
Andrea wanted all of us to guess when she would finish the sweater she was working on.
We all guessed, no one guessed right BUT my guess was closest.
For that, I was to receive one hank of hand-dyed, 
yes you heard that right, hand-dyed yarn.


But instead, I received two!!!
If you look closely, this beautiful gray has pretty streaks of light blue in it.
It is soft, luscious, gorgeous...and these hanks are not lightweights,
these babies are huge.


And much to my surprise, 
I also received this hank of "Knit Picks" yarn in my favorite color, purple.

Many thanks Andrea
you are so kind and so very generous...
stay tuned as I will be sharing what I decide to make with this very special yarn.

16 comments:

Sally said...

How wonderful, Debbie. You're doing such beautiful work, and YAY for the gifts. Love the colors. So happy for you. :)

xoxo

Stephanie said...

Your blanket is a work of art, dear Debbie. And oh, what pretty yarn! Wishing you a beautiful August. Hugs!

Debbie said...

many thanks stephanie, how nice to see you today!!!

Debbie said...

thanks sally, awwww, yes...i love gifts!!!

Marie Smith said...

You received such beautiful colours Debbie.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, your blanket is looking beautiful. Congrats on winning the yarn, pretty colors. Happy August, enjoy your day and week ahead!

Bonnie said...

So pretty!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I am sure you will find some lovely project to work these yarns into.

Judy said...

The yarn is gorgeous! Someday---I tell you--SOMEDAY--I am going to knit that chevron blankie!!!

BeachGypsy said...

I am loving that blanket---those colors go great together!

Jill said...

Beautiful work on a beautiful blanket. I can't wait to see what you do with your new, pretty yarns. I adore your little box of treasures markers.

Andrea @ This Knitted Life said...

Yay. Can't wait to see what you decide to knit. xoxo Andrea @ This Knitted Life

LeAnn said...

I will look forward to learning what you are going to make with that beautiful colored yarn you were sent. The colors are lovely. I am happy your guess was the closest. Then of course, I love the baby blanket. The close up stitch looks perfect.
You took some great photos for this one.
Loving thoughts and hugs!

21 Wits said...

How fun to have games along with your knitting! Your photos are just beautiful!

MarmePurl said...

You have the best mailman!

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely coloured yarns …
If only I could knit!

All the best Jan