Monday, November 20, 2023

The Susan Rose

Ocean County has been all a buzz once again.
This one may be a little more exciting than the Limpkin...
as the 77 foot boat pictured below
washed ashore in Point Pleasant Beach and remained stuck on the beach for several days.
The Rhode Island based, "Susan Rose",
could not be successfully removed and on Sunday morning, about 5 minutes before I arrived, 
it was pulled out into deeper water as it sunk.
The fishing lines are still visible and a buoy has been placed over the boat to warn other boaters.
You can see the inlet right in back of the boat, the one the hubs and I visit all the time.



We went to the inlet afterward and saw this little tugboat heading out to the ocean.
Perhaps it had not heard the news that the boat had been freed,
perhaps it thought it could help.


We saw this very large boat come in from the ocean, a clam boat I think,
"The Jersey Pride"
I have never seen this boat before.

The cages look like they are filled with clams, good for them, their trip looks to be a success.


We stopped at Lake of the Lilies and I enjoyed the swans.
I took a lot of pictures, here are two of them.


- be a swan in a pond full of ducks -

I am late to the party but I would still like to share today's swan images with Eileen at 
Viewing Nature With Eileen 
for Saturday Critters

10 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Wow, lots of boat traffic.
Sad the boat sank. I hope it is salvaged somehow.

Marie Smith said...

That boat is a huge loss for the owner. I hope insurance covers its replacement.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I am sure the owner of that boat is very upset. Great captures of the little tug and the larger clam boat. I love the swans, beautiful photos.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and happy week ahead.

Hena Tayeb said...

Oh boy that must have been quite a sight.

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

The poor owners of that boat! I wonder if they are going to recover it or just let the ocean do what the ocean does. That is a lot of clams, do you think the workers on that boat ever get the clam smell off themselves?

acorn hollow said...

How very sad.
I wonder if that boat was full of oysters?
Beautiful swan
Cathy

Conniecrafter said...

Wow I wonder how that happened, was it storming? That is great they were able to get it lose. Oh my that is a lot of clams!
I like your quote to go with the swans!

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Dear Debbie
It's terrible what happened to the boat.
Beautiful report and photos :)
I wish you beautiful autumn days:)

DeniseinVA said...

Very sad about the boat. I enjoyed all the boats and scenery. Splendid photos of the swans. Happy Thanksgiving Debbie!

Lowcarb team member said...

I think my comments may be going in spam folder, they seem to disappear and then I try again and they come through (most times) it's peculiar.

Lovely swan photographs.

All the best Jan