Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Cheesy Garlic Bread Meatball Rolls

I made some meatballs for my mom and I was not happy with how they turned out.
She wanted them cooked, no sauce, 
and then frozen individually so she can take just a few at a time.
Food stores sell them this way but she has not been able to find the ones she likes.
I thought homemade would be good, mine are usually delicious, but this time they weren't.
I gave her only a few, bought her a bag at the food store and kept the rest.
This is what I did with the ones I kept and they were so fun to make and I thought delicious.
Having the sauce, seasonings and cheese around them made all of the difference.

The ingredients, I had sauce frozen in the freezer that I defrosted.
I did not need nearly that much.

I cut squares in the top of the rolls and removed just enough bread to accommodate a meatball...
I brushed them with melted butter mixed with garlic powder.
The recipe calls for fresh garlic but the hubs is not a fan.
I toasted them in the oven for just a few minutes, 
so the sauce would not seep through and make the bread soggy.
This was a tip I read in the recipe and I am glad I did not skip this step.

Once they are toasted and slightly golden brown, in went some fresh mozzarella,



a  tablespoon of tomato sauce, a meatball, more sauce, more cheese and some italian seasoning.
I also added some parmesan cheese on top just because I had some already grated in the frig.

I loaded the top with mozzarella cheese and cooked them for 15 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

Out of the oven, this mozzarella cheese melted nicely.


We each had three and that was plenty with a side salad and chips.


- the secret ingredient is always cheese -

7 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
What a yummy recipe! Thanks for sharing.
I love cheese! Take care, have a great day!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

We are going to try that one!

BeachGypsy said...

Those look amazing-- I will try this recipe! Hope you're having a great week!-- is it cold there?

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Awesome! I love that. For sure I will make and freeze several. Great idea.

Marie Smith said...

What a great idea. They look so good too.

acorn hollow said...

Ohh that looks so good and that would make a great appetizer too.
Cathy

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow these sound really good and would be nice to make for our group dinners, thanks for sharing :)