Monday, April 10, 2023

We Are Painting!!

And when I say "we"...I mean "he"...he is painting!
He got this bright idea that we should paint the ceilings in the rooms we are remodeling
before the hardwood floors are installed on Tuesday.
Now that is, of course, a great idea, 
and it should be done now but we never talked about painting the ceilings.
The walls have wallpaper, that is staying, and I didn't really think the ceilings needed to be painted.
But they did, it was obvious once he started, I just wish we he had thought of it before now.
So, it has begun, total chaos...this is why I put these projects off for as long as I can.

We have pictures...

This illustrates how this whole mess started,
a can of oil based paint, on top of the ladder...he forgot it was there, 
he moved the ladder and the oil based paint fell and went everywhere.
That happened in the living room when he was painting our old track lighting.
The carpet was destroyed, and so the remodel began.






Clearly, the ceilings needed to be painted, 
what a job, he did the living room, dining room and entryway!

- all of this, over one can of spilled paint -

12 comments:

Barwitzki said...

What should be has to be...
May makes everything new - or April...
in any case you will be happy with your new colors.
Easter Monday greetings to you.
I wish you good progress.

Leanne Coppola said...

You guys crack me up. Way to go Chuck! Looks great. Can't wait to see it all when it's done. This must be making you crazy!!! Everything out of place and upside down! But it will all be worth it in the end.

Sandi said...

Your tarps are arranged so neatly and also the cover over the light. I'm impressed! 😂 Can't wait to see the photos when the room is done!

Marie Smith said...

Spilled milk is one thing, spilled oil paint, quite another. It will look great!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

We have had the same experience about painting ceilings. Well, not the spilling part, but the discoloration part. Isn't it amazing how things can change that drastically and you never really notice? We moved something on the wall the other day and noticed how much our wood had discolored already only after a couple of years.

Linda said...

He is AMAZING and has MORE than redeemed himself over that can of spilled paint!

DrumMajor said...

Really nice work. You could make a sign to adhere to the ladder: "Any paint up there?" You've been an excellent supervisor. Linda in Kansas

Sally said...

Well, Chuck. After seeing the pain on you, I'm glad you had enough for the ceilings. Just kidding. Great job.

Now of course I can't wait to see what happens today, Tuesday right? For new furniture? :)

Sally said...

Paint, not pain. LOLOL

Conniecrafter said...

It is a good idea and the nice white will lighten the room even more but I do understand about the creating more craziness around the house, nice he is willing to do it :)

Catherine said...


Good job! It sometimes occurred to me when I was painting the ceilings not very easy!

Lowcarb team member said...

I felt sure I had commented on this post!!

Well done Chuck, that is a lot of painting :)

All the best Jan