Monday, April 3, 2023

The Storm With No Name

 Saturday was a beautiful day, the sun came out after some morning rain 
and it was 74 degrees.
I spent the afternoon at my nieces, lunch and dying Easter eggs with my great nieces, 
we had so much fun.
I don't have any pictures to prove it, but it was a really good time, we have done this in previous years.
After coming home, we settled in on the couch to watch a movie.
An added tidbit...
I think we have at least 1000 channels on our tv and finding something good to watch is impossible.
All of a sudden, the television went to a tornado warning and our phones started to alarm.
The hubs said we might have to go in the basement, I replied "over my dead body"
too many spiders and cobwebs...I'll die in my clean living room.

We live in Ocean County, 
that was added to the warning a few seconds after this.


Our weatherman was awesome
he gave so many updates that contained a lot of details.


We were not without damage, although it missed the pool cover, 
this large limb came down breaking one of the 4 lights we have around the pool.

It was later confirmed that there were 4 tornados in New Jersey on Saturday.
It was a wild evening in NJ, heavy rain and hail, thunder, lighting and 60+ mph winds in our area.
The winds were much stronger in other parts of New Jersey.

16 comments:

Rian said...

Those tornado watches and warnings do get your blood going, Debbie. So glad the damage was minimal. The weather maps looked awful, but we didn't get much here. I do however move my 'things' (weather radio, laptop, purse, etc. to the bathroom when the warnings start. You made me laugh when you said you'd rather die in your clean living room... as I won't evacuate for hurricanes, etc. I'd rather die in my home than on the road. We must think alike.

Pam said...

Same here on Friday. Crazy weather. Mississippi got hit really bad the Friday before, Little Rock Ark got hit this go around. Had rain, wind and some strange light show but we faired a lot better than the news thought we would.

Hena Tayeb said...

Oh no. We had some crazy rain and lightening but thankfully no tornadoes.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,
Sorry about the damage and your broken light. I am glad the pool cover survived. We had the same message come up, about heavy rains and high winds.
Take care, have a wonderful week!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Scary stuff, certainly not worth taking a chance, I would not go into a spidery basement either! Seriously, glad everything worked out okay. Love the view from your patio!

Linda said...

Storms seem to be everywhere these days! Glad yours blew over with no more damage than the light!

Ruth S said...

I was worried about your buildings.

Debbie said...

hi ruth, we fared very well in wall township and that was very close to one of the tornados. chucks mom lives in howell and she slept through it, and there was a large impact in her neighborhood. but her home was fine and she did not lose any trees. here in brick, we did well also. just the one branch that was probably dead and unfortunately it hit the light. it was scary tho, it was very loud at one point, and we had a lot of hale!!

you are ok?? how are you feeling??

Marie Smith said...

What a funday with the girls!

It must have been really scary when that warning appeared on the screen. Glad the damage wasn’t any worse.

Debbie, you asked why the pans of ice are known as growlers. Apparently, it makes a growling sound when it turns over in the water. I suspect this refers to the growlers broken from icebergs, which are bigger than the pans of harbour ice we have here. Newfoundland’s east coast waters are full of icebergs this year!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh my! I am glad that the damage was minimal.

Lowcarb team member said...

After such a fun time with the girls you really didn't need a tornado.
So pleased you are ok and that the damage was minimal.

All the best Jan

Bonnie K said...

I am glad you are safe, but maybe you should get someone to freshen up the basement. Growing up in tornado territory taught me to take nothing for granted. Be safe.

Catherine said...

It’s also difficult here to find a good program with many channels. We also had a terrible storm here last week during three days I hope we won’t have wind as we will stay for three days in a tiny house by the sea.

Changes in the wind said...

So glad there was not a lot of damage and you are all okay.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I saw the name of your town on the weather channel and was hoping you didn't have any damage. Those Spring storms sure can pack a punch! It seems like it's starting early too. Take care!

Conniecrafter said...

So nice you could have that Easter fun with the girls.
It has been very crazy around here too with Tornado watches, but thankfully nothing has hit us yet. Bummer about your light but so glad you didn't have any damage to your home.