Friday, April 28, 2023

The Unexpected

 We took a drive thru part of Allaire State Park at just about closing time.
I was looking for the deer and stumbled upon this beautiful garden, close to the entrance/exit.
We weren't going to pull off the drive for a look but decided to at the last moment, 
and boy was I glad we did.
Enjoy a look at this sweet little garden 
that looked as though it may have been planted and maintained by a local garden club.

There were so many flowering plants...

planters made from hollowed out trees...

beautiful planters and several hummingbird feeders.

It was the perfect time for viewing the garden, all the plants were in bloom.
This is Creeping Phlox in the backdrop, Pansies in front, in the tree trunk.

The climbing vine in this picture is Rocktrumpet or more commonly called Mandevilla.

Hummingbird Crossing

Mr. Handsome

Petunia

This tree is a Japanese Flowering Crabapple

I am so glad we pulled off the main path, to have a look.
And it felt really awesome to be out for a ride!

12 comments:

Sally said...

I'm glad you were up to a ride. Those flowers are beautiful, I'm trying to put names on them but with my dwindling mind I just could name petunias. :)

xoxo

Changes in the wind said...

What a sweet treat, great pictures.

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

I wasn't sure what to expect from your title. The Unexpected is often a bad thing but I am glad to see yours was a pleasant surprise!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Looks like a great ride with a nice stop to see the garden and beautiful flowers. The Creeping Phlox is really pretty. Take care, have a great weekend!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That is a beautiful little garden. Someone knew just how to make this look very attractive .

Marie Smith said...

It looks like the trees are about to spread their leaves too. Sigh! So beautiful!

DrumMajor said...

LOVE the idea of using the hollow log or tree trunks as a planter. Now I want to go chop down the apartment's almost dead redbud and make a planter. Linda in Kansas

Linda said...

What a beautiful garden! I LOVE your drives! I mentioned them to Amber yesterday as we drove to a hockey game. No lovely things to see like on your drives!

carol l mckenna said...

Beautiful garden with Mr. Handsome too ~ thanks ~

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Lowcarb team member said...

What a beautiful garden this is, great photographs.

All the best Jan

Conniecrafter said...

So glad you had a good day out, that is a lovely garden I like how they used hallowed out logs for the planters, makes it really rustic looking! I have put out my hummingbird feeder but haven't seen any yet :(

Pam said...

Would love to have a garden set up like that, but then again, would love to have flat space to put those gardens on. So pretty.