Tuesday, April 4, 2023

It Sounds Like Spring

I can tell it's spring because when I go outside, it sounds like spring.
Have you noticed that? 
It's so noticeable, yet so difficult to describe with words.
The air "sounds" a little different, the whisper of it is a little lighter, brighter and prettier.
The birds chirp a little differently, perhaps they are happier.
The air smells a little different too, light, fresh and floral.

I am still working around the house.
There is a little left to do as we prepare the rooms for the hardwood floors.
They have said it will only take one day to do the two rooms...
I hope so, 
I am not good at having everything out of order.


The yard is filled with "plump" looking Robins, a true sign of spring!


- the birds sing to let us know it's almost spring -

11 comments:

Pam said...

Hello Ms. Robin! Great shots. I am on the deck right now with the two furs listening to the birds singing, trying to tune out the planes and the sound of the mower in the distance! lol.....spring has its good points and then there are some I would love to do without.

Marie Smith said...

The boardwalk has the returned blackbirds now with their voices added to the Jays, doves, etc. The song birds, one of my favourites, add to the chorus. Glorious spring! Hope the reno is as brief as they say!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

I know not what you speak of. All I see here is a 16"s of fresh snow and silence. Not a sound at all, just the peace and quiet of nature under a blanket of snow. Someday, I hope to hear these sounds you wrote of but for today, we are enjoying the nothingness of this latest storm. Great picture of the robin!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Beautiful Robins. I finally found my way back to your blog. Hope you are well. Hugs B

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful! I have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Robins. I think they could show up very soon.

The Furry Gnome said...

Several Robins here too.

eileeninmd said...

The birds are singing loudly, calling to their mates.
Beautiful captures of the Robins!
Take care, have a wonderful day!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh I so agree, the other day we had the doors and windows open and I just had a smile on my face because I was listening to the wind and the birds chirping away, and everything just seemed to be waking up and happy!

Lowcarb team member said...

Robins are my favourite bird ...

All the best Jan

Brian King said...

Beautiful photos of the robins! They've been fighting like crazy here. Hope the new floors went in without issues!

Ruth S said...

I love to see the Robins. That means Spring is really here.