Thursday, April 28, 2022

The Spring Blooms In Longwood Gardens

 A single bloom can often be just as lovely as a garden full of blossoms.
Spring, may be the most wonderful time to visit 
As the earth is waking up,
 the grass has turned green, the trees are blooming and tulips line the walking paths.
There is a scent of perfume in the air.
(This sounds like a brochure, I am not usually this formal, or am I?)

I think this is our favorite time of year to visit the gardens, but Christmas is also spectacular.
I like spring because the display is primarily outdoors and all about flowers.

So let's get to the pictures, right, it's what we all adore.


The Trumpet Tulips



Next the Anemone Flowers, 
they come in a wide variety of shapes and colors.
They primarily featured this color which was my favorite.




Blue Poppy Anemone


An Eastern Redbud is white, I have never seen one before.




A close-up of the Chimes Tower.

- deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light -

14 comments:

DrumMajor said...

All of those planting patterns are pretty. I've never heard of a white redbud tree. Linda in Kansas

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The tower is a beautiful photo! I wish I could paint or sketch it into one of my journals! Love the flowers...the purples are especially pretty! Enjoy your day!

Changes in the wind said...

Magnificent pictures!!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my goodness just beautiful, I love all the different varieties and those purples are some lovely shades aren't they. I haven't said anything on the blog but Greg had a blood vessel pop in his right eye (used to take pictures) we finally got him to an eye doctor 4 days later and the doctor was able to give him drops and then another 4 days later has had to get injections in his eye. He is doing much better now but kind of waiting to see how his eye does before he takes pictures again.

Marie Smith said...

Those close-ups are exceptionally beautiful, Debbie! I can see a series in frames! Gorgeous!

Linda said...

Stunning photos!! I love visiting you! Such beauty captured by you and your camera!!

Sandi said...

Gorgeous!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh how spectacular! I especially like the details in those purple Anemone flowers.

The Furry Gnome said...

Incredible colours!

Susie said...

Debbie, So beautiful. With that many flowers they had to have had a wonderful scent. Blessings,xoxo,Susie

DeniseinVA said...

Your photos are spectacular Debbie. This garden is on my bucket list, ever since I have been enjoying your trips there. Incredibly beautiful flowers!

Ida said...

So sorry to have not stopped by very often lately. - Just had to today when Longwood Gardens popped onto the screen. - Super gorgeous shots of the flowers there. Those tulips are stunning. So many shades and oh so pretty. You are so lucky to live close to these amazing gardens.

Lowcarb team member said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL photographs.
Lovely post.

All the best Jan

Brian King said...

Individual flowers are always fun to photograph! These are gorgeous photos!