Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Cinderella

- Cinderella - 
An amazing show that we were able to see in our local musical theater,

Their shows are always so well presented, with beautiful, colorful, costumes, sets and scenery,
the actors and actresses had extraordinary voices.

I have two little critiques, Cinderella went to the ball in a white, sleeveless dress.
That did not go unnoticed by the little girl sitting next to me, dressed in her blue Cinderella dress.
"Mommy, mommy the girl cried, where is her blue dress"?
Also, she was brunette, Cinderella is blonde...
another fact that the wee one sitting next to me noticed.

No pictures were allowed during the performance, but I was able to get these during the curtain call.

- Cinderella and her Prince Charming -

- Cinderella's cruel stepmother in the center, her stepsisters on either side -



- perhaps the greatest risk any of us will ever take is to be seen as we really are -

12 comments:

eileeninmd said...

What a fun evening, lovely show and photos.
Take care, have a great day and week ahead!

Marie Smith said...

The costumes alone where worth seeing in spite of the wrong colour on Cinderella.

Changes in the wind said...

Glad you were able to attend the show and that you enjoyed it.

Conniecrafter said...

It is always fun to see live performances, I like how the little girl noticed all the changes, yes as kids well even adults we like to see things the way we think they should be :)

Lowcarb team member said...

You got some great pictures Debbie ...
So pleased you enjoyed the show.

All the best Jan

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Interesting observations by the wee one, they do not miss a thing!

Linda said...

I haven't been to live theater on a very long time! I need to do that soon.

Jeannee said...

How far the Algonquin has come!

LeAnn said...

I'm hoping I'm back with comments more often. This has been a stretch and I have missed your blog posts the most. Your post with the photos of the trees is beautiful. Our spring is a bit slower. There are a few trees with flowers. These are spectacular photos. I loved the old truck too. I think my father had one similar to that one.
I love that you went to this play. I love the Cinderella story. It is one of my favorite childhood stories ever. I'm sure I would have been enthralled with this story. Loved the fun pictures.
I have missed you dear friend and hope to be back more. My life had just been crazy for a long time. The last 5 weeks, I have had different family members here. The laundry has piled up and I'm a bit behind.
Blessings and hugs!

DeniseinVA said...

This looks wonderful and loved those colorful costumes.

Ruth S said...

Are you o.k.?

Lisa said...

I see in your next post that you upgraded your computer and you are having trouble with commenting. I hope it all gets worked out. Great pictures of the Cinderella show and love Mike's truck. Would have loved to see you sitting in it but I bet you will cherish that memory for a very long time. I hope all is well sweet friend.