Monday, April 25, 2022

Black Beauty

I saw him during a lazy Sunday drive...
As soon as I noticed him I hoped out of the car.
Just as quickly, when he saw me he started to trot toward me..
I'm sure he thought I had treat for him, a carrot or an apple, I didn't.
 I'm not sure how I feel about feeding random animals or horses on these farms without permission.

He was so beautiful and seemed larger than most of the horses I encounter on roadside farms.





We chatted, I told him how stunningly beautiful he was.
He had a well trimmed mane, and a shiny coat, and a stately pose for pictures!


I googled the name but did not find much information on this farm other than it is a horse breeding stable.
I have no idea what "turn-outs" or "lay-ups" mean.
I have seen other horses on this farm, but not on this day!

- there is something about the outside of a horse, that is good for the inside of a man -

I am still having phone and computer problems.
I cannot log into or comment on my blog nor can I log in to my email.
If you have emailed me, I cannot reply.
Regretfully, I updated my computer and also purchased a new phone.
- never again -

Fingers crossed that this will even post.

13 comments:

Changes in the wind said...

A turn out is taking a horse from a stall and letting him roam a pasture and a lay up is boarding a horse that is injured and needs rest. So sorry for the computer and phone troubles.

Farm Girl said...

Beautiful horse Debbie. I hope you get it all figured out. It was a week of phone issues here too.

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

What a stunning horse!

Rian said...

That horse looks like he could have some Friesian in him.... or draught horse breed. My daughter had a beautiful black Friesian that she dearly loved. His name was Goliath.
Sorry about your computer problems... hope they are resolved quickly.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

I sorry to hear that you are still having computer trouble. He is Gorgeous! So wonderful you had a nice chat.

-Soma

Marie Smith said...

We had a problem early this morning too. Others are having problems today as well.

That is a beautiful horse!

DrumMajor said...

Guess you need to carry apples or carrots with on that route. He looks like a draft working horse. He may have just done some work or played in the mud with his bits of dirt on his upper leg. I'd love to see the Clydesdale's at Budweiser, but they best visits are really expensive. Linda in Kansas

Brian King said...

Very handsome guy! It was nice he posed for you! I hope your computer issues get resolved.

The Furry Gnome said...

Nice looking horse!

Conniecrafter said...

I wondered if you had decided to buy a new computer or not, sorry to hear you had such problems, hubby just bought me a new laptop since I was having trouble with my old one, he said next I will need a phone, I hate learning new stuff and I know I will have to with a new phone.
This one is quite the beauty, so neat he was friendly enough to come up even though you didn't have food. I don't know what those terms mean either. Good luck with your new stuff and being able to continue to post, you have been missed!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,
Sorry you are having computer problems. Black beauty is a gorgeous horses, love the photos. Have a great day!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I sure am glad to see you here this morning and hope your problems are solved soon! It sure can be frustrating! Hang in there!

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a beautiful horse.
Sorry you are still having computer problems, hope they can be fixed soon for you.

All the best Jan