Saturday, April 30, 2022

Saturday's Critters #437

 I have not stood at the back office window in some time now,
camera in hand, photographing the birds.

On April 27th, I had but just a few minutes to spend with the birds.


The Catbirds are back, they leave during the fall and return in early spring.
They are quite abundant in the yard, they are playful and very easy to photograph.



I see these Chickadees all year long, they are quick at the feeders,
and not quite as easy to photograph.



These are the White Throated Sparrows.
I took these pictures on April 27th, they are usually gone by then...
but I am still seeing at least 2 of them.
In the second picture the "white throat" is very evident. 



The Male House Finch, numerous at the feeders, year round.
Also very playful and easy to photograph.


This Yellow-Rumped Warbler was here all winter.
I took this picture on March 28th, right before it left for the spring and summer.
It will return next winter.

Sharing today's images with Eileen at 
for Saturday Critters

10 comments:

Rian said...

Debbie, I may have asked this before, but what camera and zoom lens do you use? Your bird pics are so fabulous.

RedPat said...

Amazing shots as usual.

Lowcarb team member said...

Fabulous captures Debbie.
Enjoy your weekend.

All the best Jan

The Furry Gnome said...

Haven't seen a Catbird or a White-throated Sparrow for several years. Great pictures.

Linda said...

Interesting. I haven’t seen any new birds lately, but maybe soon.

Anu said...

Hello. Great photos. All those birds are beautiful but catbird is my favorite.
Take care.

Conniecrafter said...

they are all gorgeous, we have had a few new ones at our feeders and I just got an update the the hummingbirds are back in our area so I need to get my feeder ready :)

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Such good bird photographs! And perfect descriptions ... I always wonder how chickadees can stay alive -- they spend so much energy landing on the feeder, picking up one seed at a time and darting off in between each tiny bite.

Brian King said...

Beautiful photos! Catbirds are awesome, but we don't see them around our place.

Yvonne said...

These are wonderful photos. You have a very nice window to look out of. The second catbird photo could have so many funny captions added to it. Love it.