Monday, April 4, 2022

Easter Surprises At Howe Street Beach

Howe Street Beach is ready for Easter -
If you follow my blog, 
you know that someone decorates the area around this beach for every holiday.
I always see people at the beach and inquire if anyone knows who does it, no one knows...
it's a mystery man.
We visited on Saturday, only to find a man sleeping on one of the beach benches.
I startled him, he woke up and we chatted for a few minutes...
such a nice man I thought...
I asked him if he knew who decorates the beach. 

He hesitated for a few seconds and much to my surprise he responded "I do it"!
What a thrill to meet the mystery man and to be able to thank him for what he does.
I asked if I could photograph him, he said "no"...it wasn't awkward! 

The bunny is awesome!

There were Easter Eggs everywhere.


The ocean was a gorgeous shade of blue on Saturday, something about the west wind he told me.



A few chairs with a view.

The Ukraine flag was moved here, to make room for the bunny.



- the wise bunny knows the carrot will not hop to him -

17 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Love the cute Bunny on the beach, adorable. Beautiful photos.
Take care, enjoy your day and new week ahead.

Changes in the wind said...

Love the bunny and how neat to meet the mystery man:)

Rian said...

Great post, Debbie. Enjoyed the beach pics... both the bunny and the beautiful ocean!

Latane Barton said...

What a thoughtful man. I am so happy you got to meet him. And, the water scenes were so calming. I could almost hear the ocean waves.

Marie Smith said...

How wonderful to have found the artist and be able to thank him for his work! Leave it to you, Debbie!

DrumMajor said...

What an amazing story that you found the mystery man. I hope he has a home. He certainly puts lots of effort into his shell painting and art. Can a local art gallery or beach organization pay him? Linda in Kansas

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beauty all around.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Wonderful decorations. The bunny certainly is awesome and I am glad that the Ukraine flag is still there. Beautiful beach photos. I specially like the one with the grass and Easter eggs.

-Soma

Lowcarb team member said...

How lovely to meet the mystery man.
That bunny really is awesome :)

All the best Jan

Debbie said...

hi linda, he lives nearby and was just hanging out on a bench, soaking in the sun!! he said he loves doing it and really enjoyed my enthusiasm!! the people who live in this town, bay head, are quite wealthy...he just enjoys doing it!! debbie

Hena Tayeb said...

What a sweet man.
Love the bunny.

Conniecrafter said...

how neat you met the guy that does these, he wanted to stay a mystery, doesn't want people to know who does it, that keeps it special, love his bunny and the ocean looked wonderful too! Looks like it was a nice sunny day at the beach!

Linda said...

That is the coolest thing that you met the Mystery Man!!!!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

That is just the best~ The Mystery Man is a cool person -- I've always loved these holiday posts. This one is really sweet -- I do love bunnies.

Brian King said...

Very cool you found out who does the beach decorating! If anyone could, it's you! The water is a beautiful blue!

Lisa said...

Super cute bunny! That is fantastic that you finally met the mystery man that does the decorating. He must spend hours all night decorating that it wears him out and he needed that nap.

LeAnn said...

I do love the creativity of whoever does the beach decorating. It is the best. The Bunny is so adorable. Thanks for sharing these photos of the gift that this artist gives to those who enjoy the beach. Blessings and hugs!