Thursday, March 24, 2022

Bits & Pieces

 I have been home the last few days after a handful of day trips.
Having fun and seeing beauty at home is never difficult.

The skies have been absolutely amazing lately, I wish I could photograph every single one.

This Female House Finch sat outside my window, as if waiting for me to take it's picture.

I finished up my Northwind Cowl
Knitted with Berroco Vintage Yarn Machine washable, 
52% Acrylic, 40% Wool and 8% Nylon
Each section is different, my favorite, the snowflakes on the bottom.
It is washed and blocked,
even though it is machine washable, I would definitely hand wash this item.

Now...let's talk about food!


When I bake, I like to start from scratch, with a good recipe.
But this box mix is really delicious.
Costing only a few dollars, it uses just only a couple ingredients, that you probably have on hand,
I highly recommend this coffee cake mix.


We have been feeling more comfortable about eating out.
I'll share two treats we had recently, but get ready for your mouth to water...

We had these pierogis that were amazing...
smothered in onions and drizzled with balsamic glaze.
Sour cream on the side, of course.


and at
(they have the best salads and sandwiches ever)
I ordered a "Butterfly Lemonade".
I have never had this drink before and it was so good.
Once stirred, it's purple and delicious.


My daffodils are in full bloom, 
here they are facing the sun.
I need to get a better picture for you.

- find joy in discovering what makes your soul happy -

12 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The coffee cake looks delicious, I would try it.
I love your birdhouse and the daffodils.
Pretty sky shot.
Take care, have a happy day!

Marie Smith said...

I so enjoy your food photos. Mouthwatering as usual!

Changes in the wind said...

I always love seeing the birdhouse and the flowers below are just beautiful. That coffee cake looks wonderful and so glad you were out and about.

Conniecrafter said...

It is nice to get out and see things but I always enjoy coming home too :) Love those clouds, so pretty with all their layering.
Love that bird shot, I do think she wanted her picture taken :)
Your cowl is just gorgeous, I love all the different patterns!
Oh that cake does look yummy, more and more I like easy stuff to bake and cook. We have started to go out to eat again, it is so nice to enjoy going out once again, hoping it will be able to stay that way this time around. You found some interesting things to try. How exciting to see your flowers blooming, we see the leaves coming up on our Iris and tiger lilies but that's it for now.

Rian said...

Debbie, that sky pic is amazing. It looks like watercolor... makes me so much want to get back to water coloring. And that cinnamon cake looks delicious. My daughter gave me a from scratch recipe that looks a lot like that. I haven't made it in ages... but it's really good too. And that pieroges (?) look wonderful too!

JD/ Jill said...

I love looking at youd phofoz they are always so beautiiful to see. You are inspiring me to post some of my pics (But I am not the great photographer that you are) food made hungry (and I have a sweet tooth) I like your lovely knitting. I can knit a simple scarf...does that count? Hope you are having a good day.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Now, if you lived near me, I would pop on over and enjoy a piece of that cake with you.YUM!

DeniseinVA said...

Enjoyable bits and pieces Debbie. Your daffodils are pretty and I love the bird house? Please send over some of that delicious looking coffee cake ;) oh yes, and the perogis, LOL!

The Furry Gnome said...

I'll have a piece of that coffee cake please!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Lovely photos, and the cowl is gorgeous. The snowflakes are my favourite too. I like to bake from scratch as well, but the cake you made looks really delicious. Enjoy and have a lovely weekend!!

-Soma

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oh yes, I will take a daffodil post every week during the season. Please. (Missing early Spring in Oregon !)

Lisa said...

Wowza that cloud image is incredible. Your cowl is wonderful. I love the color you used. That pierogis looks amazing.