Thursday, March 17, 2022

Bits & Pieces

I have been coloring...

This is prettier, more vibrant in person, it is for a special friend...

I am going to make this into a card.

My fiber friend and knitting teacher Leanne and her crocheter sister Liz started a yarn club.
They organize all kinds of fun knitting and crocheting stuff, 
like friend knitting zooms and special vlogs that are just for "members".
You also get a skien of yarn and a stitch marker each month.


March's hand dyed yarn is gorgeous...one of a kind!

I think there are other perks but I can't remember!

Liz makes dryer balls to sell at the coop.
I have moved away from using dryer sheets and am now using these dryer balls.
Dryer sheets have been linked to respiratory illness, asthma, and cancer.
The dryer balls work great and are free from chemicals 
like acetaldehyde and benzene which are considered carcinogenic. 

I made this for supper last night, it was really delicious.
Italian Sausage & Peppers Rigatoni with Spinach and Parmesan Cheese

I made this Tollhouse Pie last night, it was good, not as gooey as I had hoped.
The recipe can be found here, at Skip to my Lou.

I gave my Kalanchoe Plant a good haircut it is doing well and becoming fuller.

I have been knitting as well, more on that tomorrow.

13 comments:

Sandi said...

I did not know that about dryer sheets!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The yarn is a pretty color. I did not know that fact about dryer sheets. The rigatoni meal looks yummy. Take care, have a great day!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That sunshine looks welcome! Love the pretty yarn and I always wanted to get some of those dryer balls. I'll have to look for some, maybe on Etsy. Enjoy your day my friend!

Marie Smith said...

Drier balls work well. I could never use the scented drier sheets…allergies.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh that is fun to be surprised on what yarn you will get next and pretty marker they give out too. Your coloring cards are fantastic! I have heard of those balls for the dryer and always wondered if they work well or not.
Your pie looks great but after having brownies for my birthday, I probably should wait awhile before having anything else rich like that, LOL!

Rian said...

Debbie, I have never heard that about dryer sheets either. We use Downy April Fresh dryer sheets and have for years. Will have to investigate this. As for the balls, I've never used them. Do they work as well?
That yarn is beautiful..

JD/ Jill said...

Great coloring and wonderful pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh, I am sure you will find something beautiful to make with that yarn.

BeachGypsy said...

oh my goodness that plate of peppers and sausage LOOKS MIGHTY DELICIOUS! Yum. Your coloring pictures are pretty Debbie! I did stop using the dryer sheets about ten years ago when I found out they have bad chemicals in them. I havent tried the dryer balls but I hear they are good. I use fabric softener and I love the scents......but hey, it might contain just as many bad chemicals?? LOL

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

The colouring look so pretty and vibrant and the new yarn is gorgeous. I have stopped using dryer sheets too, I will certainly give the balls a try. Both the plant and food look amazing. I would love to try both of the dishes you made here.

-Soma

LeAnn said...

I love your coloring. I keep telling myself; I need to do this. I must say you do inspire me. The yarn does look beautiful. I love the colors. I think have a group activity is the best.
I don't use dryer sheets either. I loved to know more about the dryer balls.
Your meals look lovely and I'm hungry.
With your inspiration, I do have three plants in a window area, that are doing well.
Blessings and hugs for you!

Lisa said...

Wonderful coloring on both your images. That second one would make a stunning card.

The hand dyed yard is gorgeous. Great colors in it.

That pie looks so tasty.

The Kalanchoe Plant vase looks similar to Wizard of Clay. I know it is not Wizard of Clay, but it reminds me of it.

Lowcarb team member said...

I'd not heard of Tollhouse Pie before so thanks for the link.

All the best Jan