Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Yarn Along

I am still working on 
The Irish Hiking Scarf, knit with Cascade Yarn
50% Superfine Alpaca and 50% Peruvian Highland Wool.
This yarn is a joy to work with and I really love the neutral color, it will go with everything.


It doesn't look it here, but it is 24 1/2 inches long.


I bought a new house plant at my favorite garden center this week
Kalanchoe
I have never had this plant before, 
and the girl at the garden center said it was easy to care for.
I really liked the sweet little yellow flowers, I have been crushing on yellow lately.
The leaves on the plant are beautiful as well, thick and waxy.

She said with the right care, these yellow flowers will last quite some time.
And there are a lot of buds = new flowers coming,
I like that when I purchase a plant, that means lots of future sunshine. 
When the flowers fade, I should cute them back and new ones will appear, just like that.

I like that, and this is like pretty spots of sunshine in the house.
Truth be told, I liked the pot just as much as the plant.
I picked the pot separate, the plant was only 6 bucks, the pot was 25...
I thought that was a lot.
It took me a few minutes and then I succumb, I really liked it.

Are you a house plant kind of person?

16 comments:

Sandi said...

I love the pot! It's very cheerful. I have houseplants everywhere. Love them. 😊

Your scarf is gorgeous!

Marie Smith said...

We have a kalanchoe with orange flowers that last forever. I like a few house plants but we don’t have too many any more. Love the scarf!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, your scarf is looking beautiful. I like the yellow flowers, your new pot is pretty too. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy week ahead!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Cute little flowers. I used to have houseplants everywhere, but have given up on that.

Nancy said...

I had an orange variety like this... a long time ago. I recall it did last a long time. Nice to see you again.

Judy said...

I love Kalanchoe's and they are easy to grow.
I also love anything with that pattern--afghans, scarfs.
I once had a coat in that pattern.

DeniseinVA said...

Well, I am in love with your scarf, and those flowers, and your pretty vase :)

Pam said...

Well you know yellow and purple look great together! I love that bright yellow and those sweet tiny flowers. Plant person, not in doors no....but outside I am. I fail to water indoors but outside with the hose watering is easier. Love the scarf, as always, great job.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

It is coming along nicely Debbie Keep going.

Conniecrafter said...

You are coming along great with your scarf and yes it will go with anything, I like those kind :)
That flowering plant is so pretty, I love the ones where the flowers last awhile, the pot is cute too, that does sound like a lot for that size pot but it looks great with it!!

Bonnie K said...

That scarf is amazing! Your sleepy bluebird found a nice spot for a nap. I've never had one of those plants either and I have about 40 house plants.

Sue (this n that) said...

Such a gorgeous scarf Debbie. The pattern is beautiful.
Love the Kalanchoe. The pot is lovely and bright and is perfect with the dark green leaves and flower colours.
I happen to have a kalanchoe that has pink flowers... they don't complain when I pick little pieces off and pop them in other pots to strike - a plant with good heart ;D)

LeAnn said...

I am a house plant kind of person, although I don't have a lot. I love your bright yellow plant and the pot is cute. I think I might go out and buy myself a plant; you are inspiring. Then there is the beautiful scraf that you are making. I love the natural color too. The pattern is lovely.
Blessings and hugs for you!

R's Rue said...

Happy Valentine's Day

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the scarf, the beautiful yellow flowers and the pot!
I'm not very good with houseplants … we have quite a few silk flower decorations/bouquets in vases in most rooms.

All the best Jan

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I’m really not a houseplant person any more Debbie because of the goofy way we live, but I used to be. I *am* a yellow flower person though... always thought they are like little sunshine spots on earth! (That comes from when we lived where winters could be wet and gray). Now, we get plenty of the real sunshine, but I’m still partial to yellow flowers!