Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Yarn Along

It's Yarn Along Wednesday and for once my post is going to be really exciting.
Well kinda' exciting...
Well if you are a knitter, crafter or fiber person, it will be exciting.
Otherwise, it may not be.
I have a lot to talk about, many "exciting" things, whoops there is that word again, exciting!!

I have three projects going at once, that never happens with me.
I am a one project at a time chick and I always have been... but here's how it happened.

I was working on my sixth and final 
Knitted with Mad Tosh hand dyed yarn,
100% merino wool, dk weight.
- I don't know the color but it reminds me of colorful fall leaves, with a touch of blue sky -

When one of my favorite nieces, Sarah, Kalmin's mom, asked me to knit her a hat,
the same one as Kalmin's, so they have matching hats.
Of course, I said yes and I started the next...

February Hat by Kate Gagnon Osborn,
free here on Ravelry.
Knitted with yarn from Arrow Acres Alpaca Farm 3 ply DK Alpaca Yarn.

Then this happen...
My knitting teacher Leanne and her sister Liz have a podcast,
They started a "thing" where if you want to participate you have to learn a new fiber project, 
it's called "New To Me"!
You know I am not a "flat tire" so I wanted to join in, I'm hip and fun like that.
Plus they told me you get prizes and free stuff, I'm all for that,
so, join me up!
And they are going to because I am not hip enough to be on Instagram, but I have tried.

Getting back to my "New To Me" project, Leanne decided I would enjoy learning to knit cables.

And so, the "Irish Hiking Scarf" was born for the girl who never goes hiking.
Knit with Cascade Yarn
50% Superfine Alpaca and 50% Peruvian Highland Wool

Isn't it beautiful?
I went to the farm on Sunday, had a lesson with Leanne and I caught on pretty quickly.
The cables are not very difficult to knit.

And as for Leanne and Liz, you can check out their podcast 
Even if you don't knit, you will enjoy it, they are hysterical.
It was so good to be back on the farm, to see them and their mom and dad.

And I also got to spend time with Leanne's youngest son, 
Chase
who gave me a ride around the farm in the golf cart.
His driving skills are amazing for an 8 year old.

It's not all work on the farm, it's fun and games too!

I'd love to hear what winter crafts you guys are working on to keep busy and have fun!

14 comments:

Ella said...

Because you are working on three projects at the same time, I think you enjoy knitting!
Have fun in everything you do!

TexWisGirl said...

you're just too cute with your excitement. love that you love your yarn work (and the best teachers/knitting crew in the world!)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I am glad you have so much fun working on your knitting projects. I like the hat and the cable scarf. The cowl is pretty, I like the yarn. Cute shot of you in the golf cart. Wishing you a good day!

Marie Smith said...

Not knitting sadly! Beautiful,projects, Debbie.

Debbie said...

awwwww t, "we were and are" always so happy when the other is happy and enjoying life!! a rare sighting of you today, yet i know you are often here, thanks for reminding me. as always...it's great to see you and as always, i wish you the BEST!!!

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

You create such beauty! Your work is just gorgeous, so nicely done. I am crocheting a lot, trying to learn some new stitches and be "neater" with my work. I want to take on knitting again later this year.

Sakuranko said...

What beautiful designs I would like to know how to knit.

Debbie said...

thanks tina!! another comment today from a blogger i don't see anymore. how nice to see you today tina, i hope you are doing well. thanks for stopping by, you always say the nicest things!!!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I have always loved the cable knit patterns. Yours looks lovely and even.

Leanne Coppola said...

I was so happy to have you to myself for a few hours again! Your scarf looks perfect. We're going to be styling in Rhinebeck with our matching white cables :) I loved seeing Chase drive you around. Seems like he was just a baby boy that you gave cupcakes!

Sue (this n that) said...

Wow, all those great projects Debbie! Each one is fabulous and how clever to learn to knit cable so beautifully (I've always considered that 'the ultimate' achievement in knitting - me being an "over-the-shoulder" looker-on at knitting)xx
Great to see the message from Tex too 😍

BeachGypsy said...

Mini scrapbooks, journals, arranging my pictures etc, oh and reading, lots of reading. Right now our weather is nice enough to be outside alot though. Debbie everything you make is just beautiful!! Cowls, scarves, any of it. You are very good at this! I love the colors in the first one, it does look like fall scenes and sky!

Conniecrafter said...

you are doing great with your knitting and how fun to have learned another stitch! I have found a couple patterns to crochet some baskets, I am hoping to give that a try and maybe do some for gifts this year, not sure how I will do with Opie, he loves string way too much!

Lowcarb team member said...

You are really getting into your knitting … it's great :)

Love the photograph of you in the golf cart.

All the best Jan