Friday, January 3, 2020

A Longwood Christmas

We visited Longwood Gardens after Christmas this year, yesterday.
This years theme was traditional holiday favorites like ribbon and ornaments,
blended with natures unique figures from pine cones to snowflakes.
The Conservatory is stunning, decorated with more trees than you can count,
old fashioned candy shop decor and chandelier teardrops.

Every tree is unique, the colors, the ornaments, garland, flowers, lights and natural elements...
they are all sheer magic!

Upon entering the Conservatory, 
you can see the largest Christmas Tree at the other end!











The ribbon is constructed out of Italian bending popular and mahogany wood,
and then assembled in a process termed "entwine" as conceived by 
Longwood Specialty Horticulture Grower Kevin Bielicki.
A trained artist with a Master of Fine Arts from the Herron School of Art and Design
at Indiana University.
The design process began in January 2019.

The next five pictures are of the old fashioned candy shop.



















The outside lights were beautiful as well, I will share those tomorrow!

13 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What an amazing place to go for the holidays! WOW! So many lights and beautiful trees. I love your festive outfit too. What kind of shoes are you wearing? Confess!!! Happy new year!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Longwood Gardens is a wonderful place to see the Christmas trees and decorations. I like the ribbon decoration. Cute photos of you and your husband. Enjoy your day, happy weekend!

Marie Smith said...

The trees with the poinsettias are my favourite! The candy shop is a close second!

Debbie said...

picture #4 shows off my festive footwear!!! happy new year to you as well!!!

The Furry Gnome said...

I thought you'd be going to Longwoods!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I am speechless. Such incredible beauty.

Kim said...

Wow oh Wow!! Amazing photos of an amazing place!

Brian King said...

I always like your photos from here. It's especially beautiful at Christmas!

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

WOWWWWWWWWW!
This is perfect, wonderful!
Have a nice weekend.
Lucja

Natalia said...

Wow,those trees are amazing!

Conniecrafter said...

Wow, just gorgeous, I bet the first tree was your favorite, I love the poinsettia with the pinecones. Those big ribbons with the ornaments is so cool, I was curious what they were made of, I bet that helps them to keep their shape. Isn't it amazing the time that it takes to create all of this, but so neat that people take the time to do it for all of us to enjoy thanks to you for sharing :)Those old time candy shops are very cool and well thought out too!

Tom said...

...I haven't been to Longwood in a long time, I should do something about that!

Lowcarb team member said...

Have to admit, I scrolled up and down a few times and thoroughly enjoyed seeing these fabulous photographs.

All the best Jan