Cappuccino Mousse Trifle
It tastes better then it looks!!!!!!
I have blogged about this desert in the past here.
For those who might be interested, this goes together in about 30 minutes, there is no baking required.
Cappuccino Mousse Trifle
1 (16 ounces) frozen prepared pound cake
2 1/2 cups cold milk
1/3 cup instant coffee granules
2 packages (3.4 ounces each) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
2 containers (8 ounces each) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 square (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate for baking
1. Cut pound cake into 1-inch cubes; set aside. (I leave the cake frozen, divide it in thirds & then cube it, it cuts easier & no guessing on 1/3 as you are putting it together).
2. In a bowl, whisk milk and instant coffee granules. Let stand 5 minutes or until dissolved.
3. Pour 1 cup of the milk mixture in to a measuring cup; set aside. Add pudding mix to remaining milk mixture in bowl; whisk until mixture begins to thicken. Gently fold in one container of whipped topping.
4. To assemble trifle, place 1/3 of the cake cubes into bottom of a bowl. Pour 1/3 of the reserved milk mixture evenly over cake cubes. Top with 1/3 of the pudding mixture, pressing lightly. Grate 1/4 of the chocolate over pudding mixture. Repeat layers 2 more times, reserving the remaining grated chocolate for garnish.
5. Fill a decorator with 1 cup of the remaining whipped topping; set aside. Spread remaining whipped topping over entire top of trifle, creating a smooth surface. Decorate by piping rosettes around edge of bowl. Grate remaining chocolate in center; sprinkle with cinnamon.
well, at least you're willing to share it - i'd eat it all myself...
OK,now you have made me seriously longing for some of this with a good cup of coffee.
It looks GREAT! and sounds even better. Thanks for sharing.
Oh Debbie! It looks delicious! Your friends are going to enjoy the get together tonight!
Thanks for sharing your recipe!
Oh that sounds so good! I'll be trying it out for sure. Looks pretty, too. Thanks for the recipe. Enjoy your evening with friends!
My mouth is watering!! I will have to try this our :D
I LOVE anything with coffee and chocolate. This looks wonderful! Can I come for dinner?
everyone is welcome....i love my blogger friends. i really wish we could meet up and share stories & pictures over this special treat!!!
I know your guests are going to love it. It looks yummy! Have a great evening!
Looks beautiful and I bet it tastes great, Deb. Save a piece for me! :)
Ummm...am I too late to come by?:))))
Deeelish! Copy. Past. Into recipe book!
Post a Comment