Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Odds & Ends...



A friend took this picture of the New York City skyline at sunrise.
He use to work for us, 
now he works for a company that is building a bridge that overlooks Manhattan.


I read "maybe" again...

my favorite passage and picture...
"Maybe you are here to help in ways that only you can"


I am still getting the magazines I subscribed to, even though my subscription expired.
I don't want to renew them now.
I want to wait until my two little great nieces are conducting their fundraiser through girl scouts,
then I will subscribe.
I always try to support whatever they are doing.


We went for an end of the day bike ride here yesterday.
Allaire State Park


Capital to the Coast trail.
It was a beautiful day, nice and cool with a gentle breeze.
The sun was still high in the sky, and the sky was such a pretty blue.
There were only a few people walking, and a couple people on bikes.
It is easy to stay a safe distance from everyone, 
we bring our masks, but we don't wear them while we are riding.

Riding our bikes is so freeing, 
now that the weather is changing, we will be able to ride more often.

We have been eating well during the pandemic, too well I think.

This was one of the best Home Chef meals we have had, it was so good.
Crispy Orange Chicken with Jasmine Rice & Broccoli
Like take-out but so much better!

Neapolitan Margherita Pizza with Arugula Salad
Their flatbreads/pizzas are always amazing with quality, fresh ingredients.

I have been making these bacon and egg sandwiches on biscuits,
we don't like the traditional cheese on them.
They are so good and a little treat on the mornings the hubs is home.

Another couple days in the books, we are both healthy and happy.
I hope you guys are as well!

14 comments:

Changes in the wind said...

A great odds and ends post. Wonderful pictures and all the food makes my mouth water:)

Susie said...

You stay healthy and happy Butterfly girl. Debbie, I will have to find that sweet book. I love books that are so beautifully illustrated. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie
p.s. those do look like good foods.

Linda said...

I like the idea that there is something in me that is made specifically for this world at this point in time. Trying to let me light shine through even when it feels like hiding, or worse, striking out.

The skyline gives me hope.

Marie Smith said...

When I know my blogging friends are doing well, all feels right with the world.

I know exactly how you feel about cycling. I wish I had my new bike but I am doing fine so far with my daughter’s. Continued wellness Debbie.

Brian King said...

That's a beautiful city skyline photo! Your meals look delicious and those breakfast sandwiches would be right up my alley! Keep getting out on the bikes every change you get. I'm really looking forward to the fall weather.

Sandi said...

That chicken and broc looks so good I forgot how to spell broccoli...brocolli...I could scroll back up and check, but nah... 😊

LeAnn said...

The City Skyline is a lovely photo. I really love that thought from you book. I truly believe that one. I love that you are riding bikes. It always looks like you have great places to ride. I want to start doing that too. It's been a while. You are my inspiration. Of course, you meals always look delicious.
Sending love and hugs!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm glad you got out for your bike ride. It sure makes you feel good to move and breathe...and maybe even sweat a little! I hope I can go out tomorrow to hike. It will depend on the weather. I need to look at that book in my wish list again! lol Your meals look amazing! Hugs!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I just wrote my cousin and recommended the book. It really does sound so good and the price is great right now!

Ruth Hiebert said...

This time of year is such a good time to get outside. That food looks so good.

Conniecrafter said...

that is so great you are able to get out and enjoy the bike riding. wow that was quite the sunrise picture, I can't imagine working on bridges.
I like the quote out of the book, it is like in the bible where it says we are all like one body that has different parts that all have to work together for one good, we can't do it without each part and they all are important no matter what role they take on.
My subscription is not coming to me from England, and I had just renewed it before the pandemic started, figures, going to see if I can get my money back.
There is nothing like good home cooking.

Angie said...

Debbie - that is a fab picture of the NY skyline! I used to get a number of magazines, and really enjoyed them. Then it seemed like every year was a re-hash. That has been quite some time ago - maybe it would be nice to get one or two over the winter! And such lovely food - too late at night now for me to be getting hungry! Enjoy the rest of the week!

Jyoti said...

These pics are simply amazing Debbie! The food looks so delicious.
Wonderful Post! Have a great day!
Fineartandyou

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I forgot to say on the above post that I was sorry you took a tumble off your bike and glad you weren’t hurt seriously. But be careful, think of this one and jump back on! Magazines are almost a foreign concept to me...we let all our subscriptions lapse when we started traveling after we retired (but it took a while, we paid mail forwarding charges for months).