Thursday, September 24, 2020

Keeping Busy

 Keeping busy during a pandemic...
I have not struggled with that, keeping myself busy with a variety of things.

My butterflies have received a lot of my attention...
cleaning the cages and keeping them fed took it's fair share of time.
Knitting...my second love, off and on I have knitted a lot.
I am so happy I have that hobby and all of the others that have been keeping me busy.

Of course I have work.
Tending to all of the behind the scenes things that keep our business running smoothly.
With the fire on August 4th and the fact that we are putting up one last 10,000 S.F. building,
things in the office are unusually busy, it is a little better now.
Still, I always have stacks of bills and paperwork to my left, and my computer to the right saying...
"play here, work on your blog, visit your blogging friends, that is so much more fun"!
ahhhhh, the temptation! 

I have cleaned and purged and cleaned some more.
The hubs is never home (during the daytime) during the week, 
I don't go anywhere because of COVID 19...
he usually takes one day off on the weekend, but not always, 
on those days we go for car rides to my favorite nature spots, lakes or the ocean.



Cooking is a favorite pass time also, I do all of my prep work in the morning,
so preparing the meal in the evening is easier.

BBQ Crusted Chicken with Hot Honey,
honey mustard Brussels Sprouts and I added Rice

Burger with Lettuce and Sweet Onion, homemade French Fries and Coleslaw

Steak and Garlic Thyme Butter
with Balsamic Brussels Sprouts and Parmesan Twists
I added Onion Rings

All of these meals are Home Chef meals...this post is not sponsored but I wish it was.

It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that sparks joy!

18 comments:

Changes in the wind said...

Had no idea your hubby was gone all week, you do a good job keeping yourself busy and of course the butterflies are ever grateful. So the home chef meals are just for you? They always look delicious.

Karen said...

That's a beautiful spot by the ocean! Yummy looking meals.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Debbie
You do sound very busy, I am glad you are fitting in some "fun" things that you enjoy doing. I am sure the work is important too. I love your butterfly and the scenic beachy photos. The food all looks delicious. Take care, enjoy your day! Wishing you a happy weekend ahead.

Debbie said...

he is home each evening and the meals are for both of us!! i only show one plate in each of the pictures but each meal kit makes 2 meals!!

DeniseinVA said...

That first shot of your butterfly? Totally stunning! And all your other photos too. You are certainly keeping very busy. I’ve been wondering how you’ve all been doing after that awful fire you all had to deal with, and I am happy to learn things are easing. Your meals look incredibly tasty :)

Marie Smith said...

Canadians have been warned about the second wave which has started in the bigger provinces. Meanwhile eastern Canada is closed to everyone other than easterners. This mess is far from over!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I am SO hungry for onion rings! Do you get those from Home Chef or buy them frozen...I need to KNOW! hahaha! LOVE the photo of the ocean. I miss our trips to the coast but hopefully we can drive out there soon. Enjoy your day!

The Padre said...

What A Brilliant Post - Super Simple, To The Point, And No BS - Very Well Done - Happy Thursday And Enjoy The Weekend

Cheers

Ruth Hiebert said...

You are a busy lady. those meals look so delicious .

LeAnn said...

I like your last thought and enjoy this blog post. You are a busy one. I love how you tenderly care for your butterflies. You are such a great knitter. I'm sure your husband loves your help with the business. It does sound like he has a lot to do right now. It's sad we have to just stay in most of the time. You really do so many good things; I always smile when I'm reading your blog and your food always looks so yummy. Yup! It's dinner time and my mouth is watering for one of your dishes.
Sending loving thoughts and hugs!

BeachGypsy said...

Wow that picture of the ocean is so pretty! I like the pictures of your suppers too....it's just fun to see what other people cook and EAT!! HA HA lol. Gives me ideas for recipes and future meals. Those meals y'all get do look good! Do you get a few days a week or month or how do you pick? The seashell art is so pretty, is that one by that mystery person who makes them but no one knows who he/she is? PS...i love onion rings!

Farm Girl said...

I think its always so easy to stay busy. I love that picture of the ocean. Its so blue. Your dinners look wonderful. It would be nice if they would sponsor you. I hope you have a lovely weekend and maybe get to go for some drives. It is such a drag that our hubbies work sometimes isn't it? I really enjoy our run around days.

Conniecrafter said...

I have no problem filling a day either, there is always things that need to be done, it's very blessed thing to have hobbies also, things that are fun to create and then share with others or enjoy yourself :)

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Staying busy keeps us out of trouble, doesn't it? Hehe! Love the photo of that beautiful beach and the amazing butterfly. Your meals look wonderful. Now I am hungry! Hugs xo Karen

Linda said...

I truly admire you and the way you live your life!

Brian King said...

It's good to have things to do even if they don't involve travel. Do you keep track of how many butterflies you release over the season? I'm sure Chuck looks forward to those meals! We do homemade fries as well - very rarely use frozen anymore.

Ida said...

Wonderful post. Your butterfly is so pretty and I just think it's so neat you help to raise them. Love that shot going down to the ocean. It is good to have hobbies, I've been busy stamping again and posting a lot of my other blog. Wow I want to eat at your house, the food looks yummy.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such wonderful ocean photographs and the butterfly is so pretty.
Pleased you can keep busy.

Your meals sound and look good, we enjoyed a moussaka today, I just love aubergines/eggplants.

All the best Jan