Friday, September 4, 2020

Dining Out

We have only eaten out a handful of times since the pandemic started
and indoor dining became a thing of the past.
I am a little nervous about eating at a restaurant, dining alfresco doesn't change that fear.
 I am capable of cooking all of our meals, but dining at a restaurant is nice, 
eating outdoors is fun, especially this time of year.

We chose Beacon 70 for diner out because it had a great view and a beautiful breeze.














The hubs had short ribs with mashed potatoes and root vegetables.


I had roasted chicken with the same sides.

We have never eaten here before and the food was only average.
I don't think I have ever had root vegetables before and I have decided I do not like them.
This meal was o.k., I don't think we will go back...
too bad,
the view and breeze were amazing!

11 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Debbie

I am sorry your meals were not tasty. Are sweet potatoes some of your root vegetables? They do have a nice view! Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend!

Susie said...

Debbie, what a disappointment. I am sorry for you and your sweetie. I know you guys have worked hard and probably were looking forward to that time out as much as the meal. My thing is , I am not a fan of gravies. Gravy is like meat loaf, almost has to be homemade to be good. LOL Hopefully your next meal out will be better. Blessings for a fabulous weekend, xoxo, Susie

R's Rue said...

Beautiful view. I’m sorry this meal wasn’t up to par.

Boud said...

I'm not going to eat out, because no matter how careful the customers are, staff is working in a tiny hot kitchen, where I doubt they can observe distancing. I'm very sorry for wait staff, since this is forcing them into what I still think is danger.

Your views are spectacular!

Changes in the wind said...

Been going out to eat ever since they opened up the places but use caution and have been impressed with the great efforts the places have made to make it safe.

Conniecrafter said...

Bummer that the food wasn't quite your tasting but as you say the view was gorgeous and having a light breeze to would be perfect :)
We have only done drive thru or pick up, never ate at a restaurant. We did have a picnic lunch with friends where they ate at one end of a long picnic table and we ate the other.

Marie Smith said...

We grew up on root vegetables. They are an acquired taste I guess. The view there was beautiful at least.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That is unfortunate . When going out we usually expect to have a great meal. Hopefully the view helped a bit.

Lowcarb team member said...

So sorry you didn't enjoy your meal.
However, that is a beautiful view.

All the best Jan

Brian King said...

Too bad the food wasn't better, but that is definitely a great view. When you're as far inland as we are you don't get to experience those things. I'll admit I don't think I've even heard of root vegetable before. You have me curious.

LeAnn said...

The view is lovely. I'm sad that food wasn't that good. However, the photos of it all looked delicious. I do love your adventures.
Blessings and hugs!