Sunday, December 3, 2017

The National Harbor MarketPlace

I am "not" a shopper, nope, never have been, and I don't think I ever will be.
I can't impulse buy and I am a little cheap...that makes shopping in big box stores difficult.
I do however like little shops, unusual places, mom & pop shops...
these outdoor strip shops that are not crowded and fun.
We found that at the National Harbor MarketPlace.

Cute, small shops, no one was around...
except for Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, and Henry Ford...
American Visionary Statues that came from Brooklyn, NY


It was fun meeting Abe...



and hanging out with George.


This Model T-Ford was on display,

along with Henry Ford himself.
If you look closely, you can see FORD spelled out in his clothing.


I love these old cars!!

The National Christmas Tree is on display...



At night, the tree looks like this, it changes color as music is playing.

These colors were my favorite.
* wink *

20 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I like the last photo’s colours best too!

It always looks like you two have a great time, Debbie.

Changes in the wind said...

What a neat place and the tree is amazing....

eileeninmd said...

Hello, these are all wonderful photos Debbie. I love your poses with the statues and the tree. It does look like a nice place to visit. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week ahead!

Karen Lakis said...

You are my kind of shopper - we could have such fun! I love mom and pops - most other shopping is merely necessity (an often online). This looks like a fun place!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

ME too!!!! Do-not-like-to-shop!!!!!!!

What a fantastic place!!!!!

Noticed that old car!!!! before you featured it.

Annnnnnnd.... I also notice..... You have leggings on now, my Dear. ,-) Not only Hubby switched pants lengths. :-)

Luna Crone

Linda said...

Y’all are so cute! Well, YOU are super cute! There you are with that gorgeous scarf around your neck and those pretty sandals on your feet! Suchgreat pictures of a place I’ve never been and likely will never see except for you!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

cool sculptures

Sue (this n that) said...

Great sculptures, fabulous Christmas tree and cute couple of models :D) xx

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Amazing!!! Henry Ford looks very dapper!
Have a brilliant new week.

Ashley said...

the photo of you and the george washington statue is so sweet! wonderful photos- thanks for sharing!

Jill said...

Ugh! I LOVE that place! That tree is amazing!!! Thanks for bringing the spirit into my heart, Dear Debbie.

Brian King said...

Great statues and I love the cars! Soooo did you actually make it into any shops? LOL!

Judy said...

I love that statue of Henry! Very clever metal work.
The trees are out of this world!!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That tree is amazing.

The Furry Gnome said...

I hope Abe thought well of you!

Anvilcloud said...

Great tree and place in general. Glad you pointed out Henry's coat. I would have missed it.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

You are putting me into the Christmas spirit -- for the first time. Beautiful trees and decorations and I love those guys you two are hanging out with. The Ford logo thing is amazing work.

LeAnn said...

I must say that I love this one so much! The reason is all the cute photos of the two of you having such a great time. Of course, the National Christmas tree is spectacular and even more fun that it turns your favorite color. Blessings and hugs!

21 Wits said...

Me either, except when I have to be! Especially for the delight of my grandchildren. But all these lovely captures is just what I'd be shooting too! Great fun this was for me too!

Lowcarb team member said...

Wow! Wow! Wow!
That tree is amazing.

All the best Jan