Monday, December 11, 2017

Savannah's Candy Kitchen

Savannah's Candy Kitchen
It looks and feels like a mom and pop shop,
and it is decorated like a home town candy store.
But it's a chain, and in this case, that's a good thing, because mail order is available.
The hubs has a sweet tooth, me not so much but the pralines here were to die for.
You get a sample as you walk in, of course, that's a great marketing strategy,
and it worked, we bought some.




The train up above was amazing, you can see it in almost all of the pictures.



Ice Cream & Gelato

The Great Wall of Candy


This sweet young lady waited on us and was very kind and helpful.
I can't remember her name.

They have adorable bags for your sweets and treats...

The hubs bought some peanut brittle, 
finished that...
and ordered himself another big ole' tin once we got home.
That tin is just about gone, and I see another order in his near future.
He can't have chocolate anymore...
a kidney stone,
so he has become addicted to other types of sweets and treats!!

This store is in the Washington, D.C. area, we visited when we were there.

18 comments:

Andy said...

I am with your hubs on this one. You have the full attention of my sweet tooth.

Karen Lakis said...

Lucky you, no sweet tooth! I’m with Chuck on this one. This looks like an awesome shop!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, my hubby has a sweet tooth too. I would like to try the gelato. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week ahead.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

sweet

Marie Smith said...

It is a beautiful store for any products but sweeter by far as it is!

Changes in the wind said...

What a beautiful place and love the train.

Pam said...

What a cool place. I am addicted to sweets so I try to stay out of these places....haha

Sally said...

Oh goodness - I love sweets also. And, pralines; good golly miss molly I could eat my weight with those. :)

xoxo

Judy said...

If chocolate can cause kidney stones--I am in real trouble!!!!!!!!
I have a chocolate candy bar every day!

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Wow!
Fantastic place. Excellent relationship.
Greetings, Debbie.

Debbie said...

chocolate does not cause kidney stones for everyone. but chuck has had 2, both were tested and both revealed that they were food related. chocolate, spinach and sweet potatoes. i have them as well and mine are not related to food or medication!!

Brian King said...

Oh, yeah! My kind of store! :-)

Jill said...

What a sweet post! ;) Looks like to much fun!

21 Wits said...

Delicious and cute! I just adore the little critter in the window of the first photo too!

Lowcarb team member said...

The words naughty but nice come to mind! LOL!

Hope you are having a great week, Christmas is getting ever nearer.

All the best Jan

Unknown said...

I've definitely got a sweet tooth, and I am SO glad I do not live close to this! :-)
What a lovely little place, Debbie, and everything sounds so yummy.
xo.

Anvilcloud said...

It has been awhile since I had pralines, and I like that train. There is a general store in a nearby village that has a similar thing. At least it sued to; I haven't been there in awhile now.

LeAnn said...

Now this is a real candy store in everyway. I would be a disaster in a store like this. My husband would ban me from this store for sure. Oh my, I must slow down on Chocolate; I don't want a kidney stone. I have to be better at having less candy around since my husband is pre-diabetic. He's pretty good to follow the rules; but sometimes he has to have a little. Pralines are one of his favorites too. I also love trains that go around stores; we have a couple here in Utah that we have been too.
Big hugs for you both!