Friday, December 1, 2017

ICE - Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer - Part II

This is what I wrote yesterday, 
if you read yesterday's post, you can skip this part and head straight to the good stuff 
- The Pictures -

"If you follow my blog, 
you know that during each Christmas Season we take a few days and visit
Gaylord National Resort, just outside of Washington, D.C.
to see ICE!
ICE is an indoor Winter Wonderland -
A walk through holiday attraction, featuring two million pounds of ice sculptures, 
hand sculpted by 35 artisans from Harbin, China. 
 Kept at a chilly 9 degrees,
you can read more about the making of ICE, here.
This years colorful ice sculptures depict the story of
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
Four ice slides and a stunning crystal clear ice sculpture scene of the Nativity."


We took a lot of pictures, this is the second half,
although clearly math is not my strong suit.



This is the slide room...

me sliding...

the hubs sliding.






I decided to have some fun with the Abominable Snow Monster









As you enter the display, 
they give you the blue parka's to wear over your coat as you walk through...
because it is 9 degrees.
I would have been fine without it.
* wink *

ohhhhh and Happy December, make it a December to Remember!

13 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Happy December to you! I think those parkas came in handy. Especially on the slide. Cute collection of photos. I can see you enjoyed this ice show. Happy Friday, enjoy your day and weekend!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

absolutely abominable

(that means, good)

Beside a babbling brook... said...

I think this is the most magical place, you have shown us! It is almost beyond belief. LOVE it!!!!

And I wondered about the parkas! Since I never see you bundled up like that. But you'd certainly need them, on that slide!!!!!!! -grrrrrin-

Luna Crone

Sally said...

So amazing! I love the slide; didn't y'all do that last year also? :)

Yes, welcome December!

xoxo

Karen Lakis said...

Those sculptures are unreal - and that slide looks like great fun!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I like the clear Nativity set. The whole thing shows such skill.

Michelle said...

This looks like so much fun to me. I would love it! Glad to see you enjoyed the slide!

The Furry Gnome said...

You two are just like little kids!

Conniecrafter said...

You guys look like you had a fabulous time, great photo of the two of you! The clear ice sculptures are just as stunning!

LeAnn said...

I love you dear friend because you have such an awesome sense of humor, you enjoy your adventures and you take the best photos ever. I especially loved the two photos of you guys going down slide. I remember they were awesome last year too. Your Abominable Monster ones were so cute. This was way fun and the ice sculptures are so amazing.
Blessings and hugs!

Brian King said...

It's amazing how much like the actual characters they make these look - from ice! I see why you guys do this annually! Lots of fun!

Jenn Jilks said...

What Furry Gnome said!
Seriously, we have ice, on the frog pond. That's the most excitement we have.

Lowcarb team member said...

Happy December to you too!
The sliding looks fun!

All the best Jan