Friday, July 26, 2024

Look Who I Found In The Weeds

The weeds and overgrowth at Lake of the Lilies is getting really thick.
Where the Killdeer and Plover use to run is now covered in weeds.
Scanning the area closest to the lake I was so excited to see a Hybrid Duck with just one baby.
Mom was not at all concerned with my presence, she seemed happy with my interest,
and wanted to show off her baby.



Here is mom, she did not have a mate and there was only one duckling.





After spending 10 or so minutes with me, they swam off.
I love nature and the miracle of life.

I hope you have a chance to get outside today.
It is a beautiful day here...the sun is out, the skies are blue, the humidity has lifted and 
it is the perfect summer day.

10 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Awww! They are adorable.

eileeninmd said...

So cute, adorable photos. I love nature too. Take care, have a great day!

Breathtaking said...

Hello Debbie :=)
This is my first day back blogging, visiting my favourite blogs, but have yet to make a post.
How fortuitous to see the Mom duck and her offspring. It does look like a nice day, and the colour of the duck's feathers in the sun are beautiful. All your photos are really stunning. Thank you for your birthday good wishes. :=)
All the best
Sonjia

Linda said...

Such lovely photos! Glad you are out and about to see these wonders!!

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Oh, what cute ducklings. Debbie, your photos are wonderful.
I wish you a nice weekend:)

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

How cute is that? I am surprised that she let you get that close to her baby without pecking your eye out!

Changes in the wind said...

How I envy your weather when I am in 108 tept here but love seeing the ducks.

Anonymous said...

Aww so adorable.

All the best Jan
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

Conniecrafter said...

Awww, so cute and that is one lucky duck to have all Mom's attention!

Jeanie said...

HOw sweet is this! He's adorable -- well done!