Thursday, July 11, 2024

Making A Basket

 My friend Liz is doing Adult Camp Classes over the summer, each class features a different craft.
Now you know I am a girl who needs to learn a new craft, so I signed up for the 
Basket Making Class.


- This is the basket we are making -

Isn't it lovely?

The class was given here, at Arrow Acres Farm where I go to visit the alpaca.
The class was given outdoors, 
so you had a great view of the alpaca while you worked.
We were under a tent that was under a tree and we had a wonderful breeze.

Liz had all of the tools and supplies we needed.




Liz...helping us at every step.


Joan



Liz and Joan

This is a 2 part class, next Tuesday we will be back together for a 2 hour class to finish the basket.
All of us were at about the same spot when we left.
Our "homework", weave the basket until it reaches 7" tall, I am at 5" now.

I did some homework and I am at 5 inches right now!
This was so fun!

11 comments:

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Dear Debbie!
The basket is gorgeous. I am delighted with it. Developing craft skills brings many benefits. It is a great form of relaxation and stress relief, which allows us to break away from everyday duties and focus on something creative.
Hugs and greetings.

Leanne Coppola said...

So fun!!!!! Your basket looks so good!

eileeninmd said...

Debbie, you basket looks beautiful! Well done!
Sounds like a fun class. Take care, have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Your basket is looking good.
What fun!

All the best Jan

https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

TexWisGirl said...

Really very cool. 😊

Marie Smith said...

Love it! It will be a beauty!

BeachGypsy said...

Very pretty baskets!--- looks fun! You find the neatest things and activities!

R's Rue said...

Looks good so far.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Kay said...

Wow! This is very impressive! It looks like so much fun!

Jeanie said...

This looks like such fun. I tried a basket once -- it was hard and my result was nothing to brag about! I've a friend who is a professional basketmaker (and potter) and every time he posts on his blog, I am in awe. If anyone ever asks about the price of handwoven baskets, figure out your hourly! No, don't. It's depressing! Well done so far!

Conniecrafter said...

Looks like a fun class to take and yours is looking great.
Nice you had some shade and a cool breeze.