Saturday, July 13, 2024

Saturday Critters #552

 I don't get Bluebirds in my yard and I rarely see them in my area.
But when I went to the farm to make my basket
Liz drove me around on the golf cart so I could see all of their bluebird boxes 
and what seemed like a hundred bluebirds.
I knew I was in for a treat as she revved the engine of the golf cart and said 
"hold on" "to what I replied"? she said the roof!
Off we went and she told me all the stories of placing the boxes, 
cleaning them out and buying mealworms. 
Liz is so fun, so animated, when she talks you listen...I am glad she is my friend.

So let's get to it, the pictures...






This one, pretty young, probably learning to fly.


Another young one!



Many thanks to Liz, she made this happen and I am so grateful!

Sharing today's images with Eileen at 
Viewing Nature With Eileen 
for Saturday Critters

12 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
What a fun experience, riding around the looking for bluebirds.
It is great your friend Liz is taking such good care of the bluebirds.
It is always nice to see any species of bird doing well, the babies look like they are doing great too. Beautiful bluebird photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Penelope Notes said...

Bluebirds always make me think of happiness, which is exactly the sentiment your captures evoke. Thank you for sharing. :)

BeachGypsy said...

Oh Debbie they are beautiful! I LOVE bluebirds ! We do have them here

Marie Smith said...

I have never seen bluebirds. That would be such a treat! Great shots!

acorn hollow said...

We just had 2 pairs here raise their young here. I think they are so sweet.
Cathy

Anu said...

Hello. Bluebirds are lovely. Wonderful photos.
Take care.

Shiju Sugunan said...

Those little ones are precious.

JoAnna said...

Hello Debbie! I've never seen these lovely blue birds, they're amazing! Have a good new week!

Anonymous said...

Lovely to see the beautiful bluebirds.

All the best Jan
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You did capture some colorful bluebirds thanks to that ride and good for you hanging on to the roof.

DeniseinVA said...

Oh my, one of my favorite birds and you have captured them so beautifully Debbie. I love their amazing blue color!

The Furry Gnome said...

Gorgeous pictures of the Bluebirds!