Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Radio City Music Hall

When my boys were little, we always took a trip into New York City
to see the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall.
The hubs and I have carried on the tradition...
only now, we always remember the tickets.

You see, before there were cell phones, 
it was difficult to prove you bought tickets and left them at home.
The boys outgrew enjoying the show but I still have very fond memories of our days in the city.
The hubs always buys the tickets...first mezzanine, first row, center stage, 
aisle seats, lot's of leg room - and the best view in the theater.

Getting ready to go in to the theater, the excitement really begins...

waiting for the show to start, we ate all the popcorn!
- pictures were allowed -











The show was spectacular, as was the entire day.

We always go to the 2 pm show, have dinner then enjoy the 
sounds of the city afterward.
It was a magical day, even without the boys!

December 20, 2017

20 comments:

roughterrain crane said...

The stages are filled with dreams, fantasies and big fun. Thanks for sharing. Your blog is great.

Anvilcloud said...

What a great tradition.

Marie Smith said...

Such great memories, Debbie! It is wonderful you have this adventure every year! Such a great Christmas tradition!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I have seen the show once, it is wonderful. What a wonderful tradition. Stay warm! Enjoy your day and the week ahead!

Latane Barton said...

I haven't seen the Christmas show but when I was about 15 my high school band was in New York during the summer and the entire group was going to the top of Rockefeller Center. Well, me and a couple other kids didn't like heights so the band director took us to see a show and the rockettes instead. And, I've seen them once since. Fabulous both times.

Changes in the wind said...

Wow...what a tradition.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow, now they put on a show don't they, so much color, what a wonderful tradition and to keep it up after the boys left is a great idea!!!

Jill said...

This has been a dream of mine. Thank you so much for taking me along! *hugs*

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

doncha know it's rude to point.

(You were looking a little chilli)

Kim said...

Oh gosh, that's a wee bit exciting, Debbie; uch a wonderful tradition. The show certainly did look spectacular. It's a dream of mine to visit New York one day............=)

Ruth Hiebert said...

Looks like a fun show.

Anonymous said...

WOW! You lucky devil, Debbie!!! What a way to spend after Chirstmas !!!...:)JP

The Furry Gnome said...

Must be spectacular!

baili said...

i am sorry that this time your boys were not with you (missing mine:( )

Stunning and magnificent photos of theatre ,your pics always make my day:)

sounds like gREAT and Glorious show .
wishing you and family a safe ,happy year ahead my friend!

Brian King said...

Wow! That's one of the places everyone has heard of even if you've never been there. Seeing it in person has to be amazing!

21 Wits said...

Lucky you! I have friends and family who have seen this live! Someday. I keep saying it and it will happen, I just know it!

Lowcarb team member said...

Spectacular and magical.
Great pictures.

All the best Jan

Jenn Jilks said...

What fun!

LeAnn said...

I love that you have this majacal tradiditon. I would love to go there sometime. It does look like a spectacular event; thanks for sharing it.
Sending warm thoughts your way!

vaiybora said...

Wow, absolutely fantastic blog. I am very glad to have such useful information.

หนังตลก