Wednesday, March 4, 2015

On My Needles!!

After my action packed day on Saturday, I had a knitting class on Sunday. 
I am still working on the first fingerless glove,
and I am going to have to admit that I don't love it.
I made several mistakes and I am not sure it will ever have a "mate".
It may just end up being a "Michael Jackson" imitation glove.
Enough said.

After class I tricked the hubs into taking me to 
"A Stitch In Time"
because I did not have enough yarn...
yeah, that's a joke!!

I snagged a huge supply of yarn,
I love this Madelinetosh yarn which is hand dyed.

Next are a few pictures of the projects I have on my needles.

 This is going to be a tri-colored, patterned hat.
There is a special name for it but I can't remember.
I'm not sure about the black, I think I should use white instead of black.
My "homework" was to get the brim of the hat done before Saturday's class,
no problem there.

This is another hat that is on my second set of circular needles.
I work on this when I don't have the ability to think or count,
it's good to have one of those types of projects going!
For when we are watching t.v. or a movie I could care-less about.
I can pretend I am watching and I can knit
while I am pretending to watch!!

 This is the infamous fingerless glove.
That fourth needle is not a "prop",
you make this sucker knitting with four needles at the same time.
Now you getting my drift?


I recently finished this hat for my mom.
She wanted one, but I don't think she will ever wear it.
That's o.k., I like the idea of everyone having one.

And wait until you see where we ate after the yarn shop, more on 
The Harvest Restaurant another day!!

23 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

( very much like the colours of the hat you are knitting while watching TV. Very pretty!

eileeninmd said...

Good Morning, Debbie.. I have heard other bloggers mentioning that these gloves were hard to make..You are brave for trying..Maybe you need an extra set of hands to make the fingerless gloves. I love the colors on your new hat and your Mom's hat is pretty too. Have a happy Wednesday!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

I haven't needed my fingerless gloves for a few days. Since it was 87 yesterday, our AC is on. My office is staying nice and warm. The arthritis is taking a bow. Yea.

DeniseinVA said...

I would have a hard time knitting a simple square let alone a fingerless glove. The yarn looks very pretty and so does the hat. There is a lovely warmth to these photos. Have a great day Debbie :)

Cathy H. said...

Beautiful creations! I only wish I could knit more than a dishrag!!

Changes in the wind said...

Great job on you creations:)

21 Wits said...

Lovely pieces, and your creations are tempting me, and that's a good thing. Happy day to you, create away.

TexWisGirl said...

i think chuck knows far too well you have plenty of yarn. ;) laughed at the 'michael' fingerless glove.

karen said...

Beautiful shades of color you have chosen.

Sally said...

Yes, I agree with Tex, Chuck has your number. :)

I love the hat for your mom; it's very pretty!

4 needles? Wow! You go, girl! :)

All the new yarn is beautiful.

xoxoxo

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

You re so industreous and they all look lovely

Muffie said...

Love all your projects and yarns! Sorry the glove isn't keeping you happy -- some things are like that. The new hat looks so soft!

Brian King said...

Nice work!

Michelle said...

I do like the hat! I admire your knitting ability!

Nicki said...

I so admire your work - your hat for your mom is just wonderful - love that color, as for the glove - consider it a photographer's glove (wear a full fingered one on the non-clicking hand). I hope you are doing well and taking care in all this crazy weather.

Sue (this n that) said...

Really impressed with your knitting prowess Debbie!! I remember when you started going to knitting class (school). All your projects look so nice. I love your "pretend to watch tv" hat in particular, it has a pretty pattern. Well done :D)

Rick (Ratty) said...

The hats look really good. I've bought plenty of hats that weren't as good. When my grandma was knitting she used to make stuff for everyone too. It was a long time ago, but I still have the quilt she made me.

MarmePurl said...

Fabulous work. We might start calling you the Hat Lady instead of Purple Debbie.
I use 2 circular needles instead of 4 double points for projects like your finger-less glove. It might work for you too.

Anonymous said...

Nice work on your knitting! Many years ago, a friend tried to teach me and I never could catch on! I can crochet but never leaned to knit!

Conniecrafter said...

Wow that is beautiful yarn, such pretty colors, just want to touch out and feel it. Your gloves look they are coming along very well, and what a wonderful job on the hat... I have never knitted more than a scarf myself so I think your doing fantastic!!

Jackie See said...

Those hats are great! You have really developed your knitting skills! xxDazee

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

You are doing good work, Debbie! I can't imagine even trying to use 4 needles. :-O I have returned to knitting at night if I'm "watching" TV. I have a set of circular needles, but I haven't used them yet. I need to look for some new projects soon.

Jill said...

Those projects are beautiful! I love the hat you made for your mom. Honestly, regarding the fingerless glove, what you have so far looks great, but I totally understand the frustration of working with double pointed needles and then trying to make a math for a glove/sock, etc. No bueno. I would rather make a hat or something I don't have to go through the ordeal of making twice.