Thursday, March 26, 2015

Good Fences ~ Edition 53 ~

Back in November of 2013, 
the people who bought the house next to mine,
decided to take it down and build something new and modern.

I was not sure how I felt about that, the house was only 30 years old,
but it had not been loved and cared for in a year,
so perhaps it was a good idea.
All of the windows and lumber were donated to Habitat for Humanity.

I did not get a picture before the demolition began,
but I have taken some pictures along the way.

I decided to share this today because 
I have not been out all week and I don't have a "real" fence picture
to share today.
I noticed there are several ugly chain link fences (mine) and 
some unsightly orange safety fences in these.

November 14, 2013

November 22, 2013 

November 24, 2013 

 December 2, 2013 

December 5, 2013 

The house sat for a little bit over the winter.
Permits and inspections are still difficult to obtain because of 
Super Storm Sandy

April 18, 2014

April 21, 2014

May 20, 2014 

June 12, 2014

August 17, 2014

September 22, 2014
This is the back of the house.

January 19, 2015
I took this picture early one morning as I was watching the sunrise.

So...that's what I have been looking at for the past 16 months.
I was happy when the carpenters finished,
they started at 7 a.m., sharp.

And the roofers also, you could set your clock to it and there 
was no way to sleep through it.
Their expected move in date is sometime in May.
They are a very nice, young couple with 3 children
and a lot of money.
Right now they are taking out the old swimming pool
and replacing it with a new one.
My prediction, I don't think they will be in by May.

Yep, I'm pretty sure the are not going to make it...
and I am dying to get inside!!


Sharing today's image with my good friend
for Good Fences
Stop by and consider joining in the fun, any fence or gate will do!

29 comments:

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

WOW! That house is enormous. Wouldn't like to be cleaning it but I suppose they won't be doing that either!! I love the shots of the 'stairway to nowhere'

Andy said...

Thanks Debbie. I am retired and love watching people work.

Karen Lakis said...

I'd love to get inside that house! I love all those windows in the back! It amazes me when people buy a house for the property and then take it down and build - it happens a lot around here.

21 Wits said...

Wow, that is quite the rebuild, and you captured it well, except of course I know with a project like that, you heard most of it day after day! I sure hope spring arrives for us all for good. Darn weather, it's going to be in the high low 30's but it's going to feel like the teens at the bus stop this morning. Brr! Totally not spring in my world.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Everyone has to have their McMansion. I like my little bungalow. :)

Anonymous said...

That was quite a project. I like the new house.

Montanagirl said...

That is quite impressive - I like it!

Unknown said...

That has become a real pretty and big one :)
I can understand why they took the old one
down, the new one is way more beautiful! :))
Hope you get to share some pictures if you
get inside :))
Have a beautiful day!
【ツ】Knipsa

Stephanie said...

Oh my, what a gorgeous home! My dad is a builder, but does mosty trim work now and growing up I would often go with him to the job sites and see the homes he was building :) This one is quite the beauty.

Happy Thursday!

Carletta said...

Oh wow! What a transformation from the previous house.
Looks like they have a great view of the sunset. It may be the angle of the photos but that seems like an awfully large house for the lot.

Adrienne said...

I'm just jealous of their sun-rise view!! They have no idea how lucky they are to have you as a neighbor!

Brian King said...

I have to say I like the finished result! Nice place!

TexWisGirl said...

i have NO doubt you've had a looong 16 mos... :) yup, lots of money.

Ruth Kelly said...

The new house is ginormous. It was pretty interesting to see them take the old house apart. Too bad, they couldn't have just moved it.

ThreeOldKeys said...

Wow, it's been a long haul for everyone involved, especially the neighbors! You have had to be very patient.

Is it wrong of me to like the color of the insulation/sheathing?

Farm Girl said...

That is going to be a really nice house. I really like that green color and then the yellow. I think it would be so much fun to go on a tour. What a long time though to be next to that.
It took 7 months and my sister in law complained about every single thing, 16 months is a long, long time.
Here if you build a house like that, it falls under a remodel then you don't have to get permits like you would for new construction. I wondered if that was what they did. You only have to leave one original wall.

Muffie said...

If you do get an indoor tour, be sure to snap some photos!!

barbara l. hale said...

I think it's always kind of sad when there is a "tear down," but sometimes it is necessary. That looks like a lovely house.

MarmePurl said...

The old house looked to be taken down rather carefully, rather than just bulldozed. I am curious as to why.
Fun to have new neighbors. Kids to bake fun cupcakes for....knit hats for...

A Colorful World said...

What a big, pretty house they are building! Wow! I actually kind've liked it green, then realized after I scrolled to the next shot that the green wasn't the siding but an under-layer of some sort! :-)

Ida said...

Wow that is some fancy house. I bet it was a pain to have the workers arrive so early. I hate pounding noises so it would have drove me up a wall.

Sally said...

Nice house, Debbie. I loved seeing the progression! :)

When my daughter and ex s-in-l sold their house, I couldn't believe the new owners leveled it, and started over. But, at least we all have our memories where they raised 4 kids together; 2 hers and
two his from the time they were all small. I called it; the house where love lived.

xoxox

Linda said...

Wow! 30 years is not old for a house. Guess they have plenty of money... or did!

Bethany Carson said...

Looks like a beautiful job was done on the new home! Enjoyed the photos!

karen said...

Looks like it's going to be a lovely home. I know your glad it's almost complete. 16 whole months of contruction noise & dust. I hope they turn out to be good neighbors. I also enjoyed these photos, interesting post as always.

karen said...

I just went back & looked at these photos again, that last picture with the orange contruction fence, I agree with you it may not be appealing to the eye but at least you got the good fences edition in. Lol

Debbie said...

hehehe, yes, who know!!! it most of the pictures i was trying to exclude the ugly fence, now i needed it. you just never know.

the new neighbors are very nice, young, happy, spirited. i really like them. although i loved the people who owned the house prior. we bought the land and built our homes at the exact same time. we became great friends and i became very attached to the 3 children. they are really wonderful kids.....i think they are in there 40's now!!!!

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

House looks Mid Atlantic or Northern Atlantic. Nice.

Laura. M said...

Beautiful house. But great. I'll settle for los90m and 4 bedrooms mine;))
Besos.