Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The Garden Has Been Good...

It's just a tiny vegetable garden.
Everything is in pots, up on our deck.
 
It's small and manageable and that's what makes it so fun.
 
I, we, the hubs planted tomatoes, cucumbers and eggplant.
It does not take much to make me happy...
and happy I am.
I, we, the hubs will plant a few additional vegetables next year.
Carrots and maybe a few more tomatoes.

Here are a few pictures I took on July 24th...


The Eggplant

  Cucumber

 The hubs watering...everything looked good and very healthy!!
Looks like we picked two eggplant and two cucumbers.

Tomatoes

He's such a good "waterer"...is that a word??

Here they are, aren't they "pretty"?
We have been getting a lot of both of these, the tomatoes did not do well.

Three eggplant on September 4th...
and there is one tomato, not picture worthy at all.

We've been eating lunches like this...

and this!!
That's breaded, oven friend eggplant on the bottom.
Jersey tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and basil on top.
This is drizzled with olive oil and white balsamic vinegar.
This is really, really good!

On September 6th, dinner looked like this.
But, honestly, we have been eating a lot of Eggplant Parmesan.

In the morning, it's hanging on the vine,
by supper time, it's in my tummy.
I'm not sure why, but that makes me smile!
 

21 comments:

DIMI said...

Wow!!You are a great chef Debbie!The Eggplant Parmesan,looks so yammy!!You are so lucky having vegetables in your garden!It's very healthy!
Dimi...

siga said...

This looks SO GOOD!!! Deliciuos photos :) Happy to see you enjoying the gardening. I miss it, since we moved to an apartament without our feet on the ground...

Bethany Carson said...

From the photos it looks like the garden was/is in really good shape! The eggplant Parmesan looks delicious!

The Furry Gnome said...

Wonderful time of year when you can pick veggies at home and have them for dinner! So fresh!

TexWisGirl said...

awesome. :) that's the way to garden, apparently.

Lisa Gordon said...

It sure looks like your garden was a success, Debbie.
Everything here looks so yummy!

DeniseinVA said...

Oh my goodness, how clever you are to grow these lovely veggies in plant pots. You have 'sowed a seed' in my head for next year :). Yummy pictures!

Muffie said...

Love all those dishes!! What kind of dip did you make? We never had luck with cucumbers, but after seeing yours, I want to try again. Now I want eggplant for dinner! Several friends told me their tomato crops weren't that good this year. The ones at my mother's garden were great, though.

Linda said...

I love your garden!!! How special to have your very own gardener!!! Yes, WATERER is a word!!! at least to us!

Farm Girl said...

It think that is what is so good about growing eggplant is it just is so rewarding. Not to mention just good food.
I think you have the perfect size garden.

eileeninmd said...

It can not be any fresher, from the plant to your dinner plate! I love eggplant. Enjoy your day!

sunshine said...

Great fruits, they look very tasty.

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

I can see the headline now, "Purple Girl Grows Purple Veg." ;)

Adrienne said...

So inspiring!!! That's just the best ever - true home grown veggies. Can't get more "local" than that!!

Brian King said...

Wow! Nice job! My daughter likes green onions so we always plant some in a big flower pot on the back patio.

Angie said...

I'm thinking I'll try my hand at container gardening next year!

Sally said...

Everything looks good. Great farmers!

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

Your veggies look so good! Those eggplants are gorgeous. I know what you mean about feeling good about eating something that you grew. We are still getting cucumbers.

LeAnn said...

You should smile; I think your garden looked great. I think I will try this next year for our garden. We had big plans this year but they didn't work out. I loved the pictures and the food looked so yummy!
Blessings!

Ida said...

What a nice little garden you have. I think that's about the size I would be comfortable with if I grew any garden plants. Would you believe I've never eaten eggplant before. Your meals look pretty tasty though.

Laura. M said...

Good harvest Debbie ... An exquisite menu !!!!