Friday, April 27, 2012

Looking For Barns, Friday Fences!!

The hubs and I went driving around yesterday,
 looking for barns.

It wasn't his idea, it was mine!!
I need more barn pictures for Tricia's Barn Charm.

I live in the suburbs but there are a lot of farms
only a short drive from home.

I live close to the ocean and rural areas also!!
Lucky me, I have the best of both worlds.

I didn't get any barn pictures, but I met a few new friends.


This gorgeous white horse,


and Chuck, aka the hubs, named this one Black Beauty.


I was careful to stay back and not invade their space.


The horses were very friendly and seemed happy to have company!!

The farms were set so far off the highway,
I was not able to get any pictures of the barns!!

We found this cute white speckled horse the day before,


this black one was on the same farm,
he seemed kind of mangy!!

Sharing today with Jan and Jer's Friday Fences

Please stop by to view all the amazing photo's!!



25 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

they make wonderful fence 'vanna whites'. :)

Karen said...

Beautiful creatures and photos!

Scrappy Pink Corner said...

You are definitely a lucky girl to have the best of both worlds. Great shots.
Ana

Happy weekend to you and the hubs.

Jill said...

They are beautiful! Lovely shots.

Charade said...

I just love that kind of silvery-taupy undertone on Black Beauty.

Rose said...

Don't you wish they were yours...or at least belonged to someone you know?

Marijke said...

They are so gorgeous.

Ellie said...

Those are lovely horses and seem quite content for you to take their pictures.

Adrienne said...

These are such beautiful animals...even the "mangy" one. I can't decide whether they make the fences look good or the other way around. It's really a magic combo...the grass, horses, fences. It seems from another time, a simpler way. It makes me happy to know there are people living like this...sigh.

Saun said...

Awesome, no one came out and yelled at you? :)

Bev said...

Great photos!!

Judy said...

I think the last one is likely shedding all his winter hair. It must get itchy...
I like the speckled one!

Lisa Gordon said...

Such magnificent creatures, and you have photographed them so beautifully Debbie.
I wish you a great weekend ahead!

Amy Burzese said...

Beautiful horses and great shots of them. I passed many horses today but never stopped. I have to start stopping!

Angie said...

You should come to KY, we have tons of horses!!!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Those are beautiful horses...the last one needs a good grooming! Good luck on your barn search!

Gillian Olson said...

Beautiful horses.

Susan said...

What beautiful horses, and they look like they did enjoy the company!

Linda said...

You took some great shots of some beautiful horses!

Muffy's Marks said...

Although I really dislike horses, I enjoy taking pictures of them, and enjoy the photos others take. Your's are outstanding!!!

Jan n Jer said...

Nice pics of the horses...they look so good with the fence in front of them

LeAnn said...

Wow, I always love the barn pictures but my next love would be pictures of horses. Thanks for these pictures; I loved them.

Sallie (FullTime-Life.com said...

No barns, but that's OK because you got wonderful fences and amazing beautiful portraits of the horses!~

Chatty Crone said...

SOme very nice looking friends. sandie

charm said...

You've sure met new great friends on your search for barns! I'm all grateful to hear that you're well embraced with the best of both world, so lucky you! Great photos, really! They're all well taken! I guess you'd love to see some great Barns here.