Saturday, March 30, 2024

Saturday Critters #537

  The days have been cold and windy here in New Jersey but still I decided to open the office window...
camera in hand to see what birds would come for a visit.
I have been doing this a lot recently...
soon this tree will be covered in leaves and the birds will be much harder to see and photograph.
Taking 50 pictures of one bird is not unusual for me.
I never really know if I am getting a good image until I put my chip into my computer.
If I am lucky, most will be good. 
Once a bird lands, 
they move around a lot...their different poses excite me and I want to memorialize them all. 

This is the Yellow Rumped Warbler
Present here only in the winter, 
I have been seeing so many in my yard I hope maybe they will stay for spring and summer.
When this little bird flies it shows a lot of yellow.

Carolina Chickadee
Looks very similar to the Black Capped Chickadee with very slight variations, 
and is present here at my feeders year round.

Female House Finch
This bird is starting to get mycoplasmal conjunctivitis, a very common eye disease in House Finches.
I see both male and female House Finches year round.

This poor little Female House Finch has both 
mycoplasmal conjunctivitis and a growth on the side of its beak.

We have washed the bird feeders in an effort to keep the other birds from contracting it as they will.
Feed your birds with seeds in clean feeders and always provide water as well as food.

Sharing today's images with Eileen at 
Viewing Nature With Eileen 
for Saturday Critters

6 comments:

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

You always take amazing photos. I love watching them.

HAPPY EASTER,DEBBIE!

Mae Travels said...

sad about the ailing little bird. The photo looks scary.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

The Furry Gnome said...

Ahh Debbie, your bird shots are amazing!

eileeninmd said...

Debbie, Happy Easter to you and your family.
The love the warbler, chickadee and the sweeet finch.
I feel sorry for the finch with the disease.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Kay said...

I agree with everyone! The clarity and beauty of your photos are just gorgeous!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Great detail on your photos! Especially the chickadee. You gotta be loving that camera!