Friday, March 15, 2024

A Fabric Wrapped Coil Basket

I am always trying to learn new crafts...
- why -
because I do not have enough crafts going now
hehehehe
So, I took a class with my friend Liz from Arrow Acres Farm, 
the class was in the Coop, I love the Coop.
It's where all the magic happens.

A Fabric Wrapped Coil Basket, here are a few pictures to show you how it's done.

These are the baskets that Liz made.

These are the fabrics I chose out of the many Liz had available.
I used a clothes line and wrapped "strips" of fabric around it as I twirled it circular to form a basket.
Each row is built on the row before it,
at the end of a strip of fabric, it is thread into the row below it so as to secure it.

You can see that better here.

It is a super fun technique and I plan on making another.

I love the finished "raggy" look 
and the colors are perfect for my newly painted office.

I did not take enough pictures to really demonstrate the technique,
I will take more when I make the next one!

6 comments:

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Dear Debbie!
These baskets are fantastic. I am delighted with them.
I wish you a wonderful weekend.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,
The baskets are so cute, looks like a fun craft project.
Take care, enjoy your day and your weekend!

Anonymous said...

Looks good to me :)

All the best Jan
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

BeachGypsy said...

Those are really cute! Never saw anything like those

Kay said...

I'm impressed. Those are really beautiful baskets and look like so much fun to make.

Conniecrafter said...

I love these, the fabrics you used are so pretty. I made one but instead of doing the coiling technique I braided the fabric first then coiled and went up from there, just another way of doing it :)