Saturday, July 8, 2023

Saturday Critters #499

In 2016, I was privileged to see the world famous Clydesdales Horses
in Asbury Park a shore town not too far from home.
We stumbled upon them, we had no idea they were going to be there, we just happen to be driving through.
I noticed the big red truck and we started to follow them.
At best I thought maybe I would get a glimpse of them, I had no idea the show I was in store for.



The Clydesdale horse is a Scottish breed of draught horse.
It is named for its area of origin, the Clydesdale or valley of the River Clyde,
much of which is within the county of Lanarkshire.
They are the second largest breed of horse.
The average weight of a male Clydesdale horse is between 771 to 998,
the females are a little smaller with an average weight of 680 to 771.










If you are interested, you can read more about the Clydesdale Horses here.

Sharing today's images with Eileen at 
Viewing Nature With Eileen 
for Saturday Critters

14 comments:

Black Knight said...

Beautiful animals. I saw this kind of horses in Dublin, some years ago, outside the Guinness storehouse.

Rian said...

The Clydesdale commercials during the Super Bowl are my favorites!

♥ Liz ♥ said...

I do love Clydesdale and Shire horses. The Samuel Smith brewery in Tadcaster, Yorkshire still uses two pure white Shire horses to deliver beer to local pubs. They are absolutely beautiful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yX65hdZQdU

BeachGypsy said...

So neat Debbie!! I got to see the Clydesdales performance when I was a child--- I will NEVER FORGET IT--- IT was awesome!! Loved them ever since. Love these great pictures!!!

Susie said...

Debbie, I love to see those big beautiful horses. Would not want one to step on my foot, yikes . Blessings to you and your hubby, xoxo , Susie

Lowcarb team member said...

Wonderful animals.
Great photographs.

All the best Jan

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

We've seen the Bud Team on several occasions on our travels. They are always fun to see!

The Furry Gnome said...

Awesome!

Shiju Sugunan said...

These horses are truly impressive, and your photos are great!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,
The Clydesdales Horses are gorgeous animals, so big. I have seen them years ago at Busch Gardens in Virginia. The Dalmatian Doggie is cute too. Great collection of photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your day and have a great week ahead. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Changes in the wind said...

Awesome

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

They are magnificent animals. How neat to get to see them up close! WOW!

Conniecrafter said...

They are some beautiful horses, I like how they have the dog riding with them on the wagon too :)

Linda said...

What a great sight!