Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Making A Memory Jar

 Today's post is going to be light and fun,
 not about the house and all of these improvements we have going on.

A few years back, many years ago in fact, when I started my blog and stopped scrapbooking...
I started making memory jars.
Large jars that hold all of the memorabilia that I use to put in my scrapbooks.
It's fun to keep these little things to remember trips you have taken that you do not want to forget.

This Memory Jar is from 2017
It is nice and full, we took so many day trips  
and had lots of weekend getaways pre Covid.

The year is on top of this jar, they are all different.


There was a lot inside this jar, I had to take 2 pictures to show you all of the contents from inside.

There were so many great trips.
We visited Canada in 2017, and went ziplining over Niagara Falls.
There were several trips to Longwood Gardens and we visited Connecticut a few times. 
We played miniature golf, went to the movies, balloon festivals and went on train rides and boat rides.
There were broadway shows, and we saw The Christmas Spectacular in New York City.
One of my favorite events from 2017 was seeing a production of Beauty and the Beast at a local theater.
In 2017, I went to the Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool Festival with my friends.
There were so many more memories in that jar, way too many to list.

I have a pile of stuff that needs to go in a new jar.
This next jar will hold several years as we did not do much during Covid.

- closing thought, making memories and saving the memorabilia, there's nothing better -

13 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Your memory jar is a cute idea, it is nice to save the memorabilia.
I hope you are able to add many more happy memories to the jar this year.
Take care, have a great day!

Marie Smith said...

Great idea to re-visit those memories periodically. Pre-Covid feels like eons ago!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Ziplining over Niagra would be fun! As would the train ride. The memory jar is a great idea!

Pam said...

I want to zipline so bad, just sort of think with my bode, it might be best that I don't take that on.....well, maybe! What a cool idea. I have seen the jars where you put a piece of paper stating good things....but not tickets and things...I like that idea. CoOl......

Pam said...

And here it is mid March and I have done nothing to add to a jar for me...

Debbie said...

pam, they had people go right in their wheelchairs. we didn't hang, we were harnessed in, and had support on our bumbs. i didn't want you to this we were cra-crazy. it was so fun, something i will always remember!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That's a wonderful idea. I have jars of shells and a far of sea glass. I know you love sea glass!

Catherine said...

What a good idea. I have vintage jars and I will use them to make memory jars! Thank you for the idea.

DrumMajor said...

Those are cute jars. Just thinking about ziplining makes me queasy, but I have 14 skydiving jumps from my younger days. Linda in Kansas

BeachGypsy said...

DANG....im sorry your brand new pretty sink was CRACKED, DARN! Hope the replacement comes in soon. Cant wait to see your newly finished office/dining room too, I bet it will turn out great. And I do love your new sink. I have a HUGE old utility sink here in our country house....I love it! You can hide alot of dirty dishes in that thing, ha ha LOL. Its not pretty but I do love it. It's a workhorse of a sink, in a workhorse of a kitchen, for sure. Love seeing your memory jars, that is a fun hobby! I used to scrapbook, the big 12x12 ones. I have SO SO MANY. I now just do mini scrapbooks and journals with pictures. Hard to keep up with it all. You can sure get alot of stuff into those jars!! Hope you're having a great week.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

This is such a cute idea! You've been on some really fun trips, too. But no ziplining for me - wow, you are brave. I never know what to do with all the little souvenirs I collect, so this idea is perfect. Sorry about your sink. Geez - such a lot of work wasted. It's going to look beautiful when you get your replacement, though. x K

Sally said...

Absolutely, nothing better than our memories! You know, Debbie, I remember that year you two had. Always on the go, having fun.

xoxo

DeniseinVA said...

Love this, what a great idea! I felt a bit of a voyeur looking through your memories. Fun to see :)